• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking to buy a Manitou Mastodon Pro EXT 120 fork- any help?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Thinking @BC. can best help on this and I am looking to buy this fork. Please let me know if anyone has seen one lurking about :).

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thinking @BC. can best help on this and I am looking to buy this fork. Please let me know if anyone has seen one lurking about :).

sorry Ron...u must of attached the wrong name...lol. I’m definitely not the guy to help out here. If you are looking for it, it must be a cool product. Good luck.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
still pondering whether to run a mastodon and my 27.5x4.5 (or 3.8) or to go 29+ wheels, 3.0's with a mastodon.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Ron - To be honest on a fatbike I actually preferred the feel of the Lauf over traditional suspension forks. the mastodon is very nice, but i found it overkill when combined with large volume tires. Not to mention the added weight. Just my 2 cents.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
thanks! Keep the comments coming. I saw the Lauf's. I did notice the mastodon weight too. I'll look into those.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester

very interesting. about the same price but I like that its 2 plus pounds lighter and even though its only 60mm, It doesnt require any sag. I would think that's enough for XC trails.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Ron - To be honest on a fatbike I actually preferred the feel of the Lauf over traditional suspension forks. the mastodon is very nice, but i found it overkill when combined with large volume tires. Not to mention the added weight. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to be running 29x3.0 for summer. does that change your opinion?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
ohh, just read a scathing review of the Lauf carbonara..... I think I will pass.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I'm going to be running 29x3.0 for summer. does that change your opinion?

Not really. There is a ton of volume in a 29x3 & even more volume in your winter setup. I had suspension on my fat bike and went back to rigid. I prefer the shorterer travel or no travel on this geometry & high volume tires. Remember that reviews and opinions may vary Greatly. Just like skis..

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Just a FYi- I ended up deciding to go with a 2020 Fox Factory 34 Boost 130 fork. They fit 29x3.0 tires and I found it on Pro's Closet as a factory blem for $550 (with coupon of $20). its just too good of a deal to pass up. 130 might be a little too much but I was running 150 on the Yeti and it was really good on the down and rocky rutted sections. Plus I can always reduce the travel or run it in mid-mode.

Sponsor

Staff online