• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LOOKING FOR Stockli Laser AX skis in a 175cm

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My SO demoed these last Saturday and I've never seen him so stoked to be on a pair of skis. Only 2 other times has he ever lit up like this

1) When he met me :roflmao:
2) When he demoed his 104 underfoot Meier Big Hosses

He demoed the 2018-2019 model.

flat-ax_main.jpg

If anyone has a pair or knows of a pair for sale, please send me a PM.

Thank you

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Those are the 2019s, just FYI. The 2018s are a brighter yellow and have a "turtle shell" topsheet, not smooth like the 2019s.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Those are the 2019s, just FYI. The 2018s are a brighter yellow and have a "turtle shell" topsheet, not smooth like the 2019s.

Thanks. I just confirmed with the rep that he demoed the 2018-2019 current model year so the above picture is just what he wants.

Let the hunting begin..................

Last edited:

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I don't have a pair but it would probably help if you let people know the size you are looking for. There were some AXs in the marketplace at one point.

ProLeisure

We are all snow leopards.
Skier
Your SO has good taste. :)

I have a pair of the AX (Turtle Shell - 175cm) and they really are fantastic skis. I’m reluctant to ever say a piece of equipment can make you a better skier, but I would argue that these skis can.

Pros:
- Incredibly versatile. Arc groomer turns at speed and still easily ski steep(er) off-piste terrain
- They really reward you when you do everything right
- They don’t punish you when you’re a bit “off”.

Cons:
- Price

For reference, I also have:

Stockli Stormrider 88 (177cm)
Stockli Stormrider 95 (183cm)
Stockli Stormrider 107 (183)
Kastle FX 95 non-HP (181)
Volkl One (186cm)

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@ProLeisure Of course, he picked me right lololololol. Seriously, I've never seen him this excited about something. He actually had inflection in his voice when I asked him how he liked them. He was rocking and rolling down roller coaster trail at mount snow that had these giant berms. I was worried about him suddenly thinking and feeling like he was Nick Goepper but talk about confidence inspiring, skis oy....... you aren't kidding.

These are THE right skis for him.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
@ProLeisure Of course, he picked me right lololololol. Seriously, I've never seen him this excited about something. He actually had inflection in his voice when I asked him how he liked them. He was rocking and rolling down roller coaster trail at mount snow that had these giant berms. I was worried about him suddenly thinking and feeling like he was Nick Goepper but talk about confidence inspiring, skis oy....... you aren't kidding.

These are THE right skis for him.
These are the right skis for anyone:D It also doesn't matter much whether you get the current year model or the prior year model...they ski so similarly that he'll love either. Hard to find a great deal on Stockli's but @dawgcatching probably can help you out.

Jean-Benoit

Putting on skis
Skier
As you know, I now have a brand new pair of the 2019s (in 175), but haven't had a chance to try them yet. It's a matter of days now. If ever we don't get along, you're the first person I'll contact!

Jean-Benoit

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi Jim,
FYI, the top sheet on my 2019 Laser AXs is not smooth - the surface has what Stockli calls "Turtle grip". This from their website:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.47.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.47.30 PM.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 21

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good idea

Northern in Killington has a pair of 175s, 2019 full retail price however. I got to flex them today, they charged me $50 just to flex them ogwink The gear slut in me is tempted, but the stock market and J. Powell says 'no go'. I'll stick with my Kastles for a few more years.

Sponsor