• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LOOKING FOR Stockli Laser AX skis in a 175cm

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Let’s hope they are still available. I’ve emailed the vendor. If I get them, I plan on covering all those flowers.

My Initial intention was to expand my meager quiver of 2 to Include Something wider....if these skis come through, I’ll have 75, 85, and another 85!!! ... I hope they are that good!

I think you're going to love them. I didn't even have these skis on my radar until I came upon a pair at a recent demo day. Went huh.... found a pair on ebay and the rest is history. They are really an amazing ski. I hope the vendor gets back to you and they are still available.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My wife just bought a pair of the 15/16 Motion 85s in 167 off a Stockli addicted friend of ours. They belonged to his wife and he upgraded her to the 18/19 version (not that she cared). She demoed them on Wednesday and liked them, but after two runs yesterday she was sold! She's upgrading from a pair of 2014 Volkl 156 Kenjas.

The ones I bought were from a guy who bought brand new ones for his wife so here "old" 2016s were my new babies. AMAZING SKI!! Glad your wife likes them.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
At this point, for you, I would say the Motion 85W in a 168. It would give your technical a boost. The FX85 is a bit forgiving and more soft snow oriented. The Motion 85W is a much cleaner ski. Much better on the groom than the FX85. With the Motion 85W, you can kick your skiing up a notch. :yahoo:

@Pumba When I skied my SR 85s last something happened to me. I felt confident, invincible and just wanted to go go go. They are silkly smooth, hold an edge and are fun in softer snow. Skiing in the east edge grip is paramount for about any ski I'm on and the storm rider had me feeling like I could do no wrong AND when I went down a very icy/hardpacked steep trail those edges dug in, didn't waiver and gave me confidence. They are f'in amazing................

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I love love love love my stormrider motions. I have the 2016 in a 167. Blown away by how fun and capable it is. Oodles of fun and holds a mean edge on hard pack too.

With all respect, ssg, you go through skis like I go through salted almonds.

James

Out There
Instructor
With all respect, ssg, you go through skis like I go through salted almonds.
She might just have a garage warehouse where they come and go.

Btw, I don't usually recommend peanuts, but when I do it's these:
IMG_5742.JPG

Zingerman's Virginia Diner Peanuts
Peanuts with a crunchy snap. Didn't know peanuts were like that. They'll hold up to your almonds.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Marry your boot, date your skis.

She is dating alright. Speed dating.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm a ski whore and proud of it ;). I am into my second season with my meier wild bills. If a ski winds my watch enough it stays around. Who knows those storm riders could be the next long term relationship. Time will tell. ;).

Back to topic I suppose or hell maybe we can close this thread Michael and i have our stocklis and pumba is about to buy a pair so everyone is happy.

:beercheer:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing wrong with that. I'm a ski whore and proud of it ;). I am into my second season with my meier wild bills. If a ski winds my watch enough it stays around. Who knows those storm riders could be the next long term relationship. Time will tell. ;).

Back to topic I suppose or hell maybe we can close this thread Michael and i have our stocklis and pumba is about to buy a pair so everyone is happy.

:beercheer:

Nothing wrong with speed dating. Better to find out now and quickly than to be stuck for life. :eek:
Not just talking about skis either. :cool:

James

Out There
Instructor
Are people mounting these Motions in front of the line?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
With all due respect that's irrelevant. I'm still entitled to have opinions about skis.

Sure. Of course. But I think it is a little bit relevant. If I have good reason to believe that a ski which gets superlatives from you today is likely to be a prominent item in next in month's ski swap, I'll take that into account when I read the review. That's all. It's not a personal attack; it's just perspective on reviewers' angles. Just like I'm known for liking the occasional unambitious Type B noodle in my quiver. I own it, since it's true.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sure. Of course. But I think it is a little bit relevant. If I have good reason to believe that a ski which gets superlatives from you today is likely to be a prominent item in next in month's ski swap, I'll take that into account when I read the review. That's all. It's not a personal attack; it's just perspective on reviewers' angles. Just like I'm known for liking the occasional unambitious Type B noodle in my quiver. I own it, since it's true.

I can't say i'm going to love the SR forever and given my fickleness of skis i understand wherre you are coming from. I own I'm a fickle ski owner. That said I'm still 100% allowed to say a ski is fabulous and that has no bearing on how long I will have it. I demoed it now, thought it was great now and bought a pair. Plenty of others say this ski is great also so I think pumba really has all she needs to make her own decision. So really end of story.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
She might just have a garage warehouse where they come and go.

Btw, I don't usually recommend peanuts, but when I do it's these:
View attachment 62312
Zingerman's Virginia Diner Peanuts
Peanuts with a crunchy snap. Didn't know peanuts were like that. They'll hold up to your almonds.

I'll call your "snappy peanuts" and raise you "spicy" flavor... for those that like szechuan peppercorn.
Was addicted to these for a couple of years... now I can just occasionally snack on them, rather than every day.

85e451a2-d8e0-40bf-ba33-98ef71e363ce_1.cd19e6046740c7f6f67691d4c05ccc58.jpeg

These are around $1.5/3oz bag at the local Asian store. On-line, looks to be around $3-7/bag :(

James

Out There
Instructor
I'll call your "snappy peanuts" and raise you "spicy" flavor... for those that like szechuan peppercorn.
Was addicted to these for a couple of years... now I can just occasionally snack on them, rather than every day.

85e451a2-d8e0-40bf-ba33-98ef71e363ce_1.cd19e6046740c7f6f67691d4c05ccc58.jpeg

These are around $1.5/3oz bag at the local Asian store. On-line, looks to be around $3-7/bag :(
Sounds good, but how do we get them?
Maybe you should move to Wasabi Peas?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are people mounting these Motions in front of the line?

Does it really matter whether it's in front or behind the line? The line is only about 0.5 mm wide on the ski.
I know Mamie certainly can't tell the different on a 0.5 mm binding move. :cool:

Sounds good, but how do we get them?

Head into a Chinese grocery store in either Flushing or Sunset Park in NYC.
The experience will blow your mind. I took a ski buddy from Taos into one of them and his first remark was "Are we still in the US."

Sponsor

Staff online