• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LOOKING FOR Stockli Laser AX skis in a 175cm

James

Out There
Instructor
Here's a motion 85 15/'16 new for $425. Pretty looking.
IMG_5700.JPG

http://www.todaysedge.net/stockli-in-stock.html

Longshot- call Sports Odyssey in Ludlow. They used to sell Stockli but now have gone bottom feeding. They might have a demo left from 1-2 years ago.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There are AX’s in Park City, and from what I heard they are full retail. People are essentially waiting in line for them. Next shipment is scheduled to arrive Friday. I know folks who tried to do a deal buying 2 pair.... They were laughed at.

If you want to know where they are, just let me know

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a motion 85 15/'16 new for $425. Pretty looking.
View attachment 61127
http://www.todaysedge.net/stockli-in-stock.html

Longshot- call Sports Odyssey in Ludlow. They used to sell Stockli but now have gone bottom feeding. They might have a demo left from 1-2 years ago.

Northern Ski Work in Ludlow was selling them on Columbus Day weekend for $500.

The Motion 85W hasn't changed much in the last few years. Really nice ski that flies under the radar. Most women skiers don't even know the 85W exists because all their guy friends are too busy ogling the SR88 & SR95.
Andrew and I were ice skating over at Stratton this past weekend on our FIS SL Mamie held her own with some really nicely shaped turns on her 85W. :golfclap:
That ski has some teeth, or rather, edges.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When it comes to skis, we ultimately operate in accordance to the Titanic Principal - Every man, woman and child for themselves. :D

Yeah, honey, I looked and put out some feelers. Probably will get something in couple of days. BTW, you wouldn't believe what I found for me while I was looking for those AX. :roflmao::roflmao:

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Selling armadas and buying the motion. One of the instructors at butternut had one so i knew they existed but didn't know it was for me till i skied it Wowza. Amazing ski. I do need another pair. I'm pretty sure many have more skis than me.

Omg so true @KingGrump i will find some AXs for my SO But......

Here's my new motions. $370 plus shipping. Will have by next week.
SmartSelect_20181219-233853_eBay.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Lol. When you go looking for skis you never know what you'll find.
Off ebay?

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Lol. When you go looking for skis you never know what you'll find.
Off ebay?

Lol so true. Yeah. Some guy bought new motions for his wife so was selling these. Luck and timing played in my favor. We emailed back and forth, i made him an offer and he accepted. ;)

Last edited:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Even though the 85W has teeth, it is still silky and supple. The performance envelope is huge with out the kick in the a** that is normally associated with high performance ski.

Mamie hates stiff skis. She has been on many just to run with the boys (girls too). She finds the 85W to be smooth and precise without being brutal. As Mamie puts it - It's got class. :D

You will have a great time with them. I guarantee it.

pykie87

Booting up
Skier
Holy shitballs.

I’d be waiting 12 months for this trip to St Anton, finally managed to strap on some Laser AX 182’s with the view of buying in Zurich from Stockli direct on the way home.

I’m 6”5 and 105kgs, so usually ski the top sizes.

Pretty much each type of condition out there today. 20cm of fresh stuff in spots, Crud at the bottom, patchy moguls, wet and dry depending on height on the terrain.

Super powerful, great long radius turns, they felt like a high powered sports car on wide open flat runs was wrestling with them in the moguly and real chopped up stuff but an awesome ski all the same.

Swapped them over for the 175 ‘s just to have a look and do due dillegence, the French guy in the store actually laughed at me when I said I wanted to try the 175cms when he looked at me.

Holy shit, these are close to the best groomer ski I’ve probably ever ski’d. If the 182’s were a high powered sports car, these had the response of a formula 1 car, turn radius was ridiculous, was essentially throwing me over moguls and out of turns. Had more fun in 3 hours than I’ve had in the last 5 years.

We might get 10” over the next 48 hours, I’m trying out the SR 97’s in the 178’s (I may be converted to a shorter ski!) tomorrow so will follow up here.

Any other recommendations? I’m here for another 7 days and can try pretty much anything. Thinking of the Race Tiger SL’s at some point, also keen to try the SR 88’s and the Kastle FX 95’s.

pykie87

Booting up
Skier
They have SR 97s to demo? I thought Stöckli took them out of the lineup?

No demo’s, just the hire joint, probably the 17/18 model. Being early in the season, their entire inventory is filled with brand new 18/19 gear, with an increadie amount of variety for what I’m used to at home.

Obviously still a decent amount of 17/18 stuff there.

Trying out a set of 170 laser SL’s on Wednesday, they were unwrapping them this afternoon.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
OK. I love my SR 97s, but I'm 5'8" and 140#. Be interesting to get your impression of them. Seems the 95s would suit you better. It would be even MORE interesting if you were to post a comparison of the two.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy shitballs.

I’d be waiting 12 months for this trip to St Anton, finally managed to strap on some Laser AX 182’s with the view of buying in Zurich from Stockli direct on the way home.

I’m 6”5 and 105kgs, so usually ski the top sizes.

Pretty much each type of condition out there today. 20cm of fresh stuff in spots, Crud at the bottom, patchy moguls, wet and dry depending on height on the terrain.

Super powerful, great long radius turns, they felt like a high powered sports car on wide open flat runs was wrestling with them in the moguly and real chopped up stuff but an awesome ski all the same.

Swapped them over for the 175 ‘s just to have a look and do due dillegence, the French guy in the store actually laughed at me when I said I wanted to try the 175cms when he looked at me.

Holy shit, these are close to the best groomer ski I’ve probably ever ski’d. If the 182’s were a high powered sports car, these had the response of a formula 1 car, turn radius was ridiculous, was essentially throwing me over moguls and out of turns. Had more fun in 3 hours than I’ve had in the last 5 years.

We might get 10” over the next 48 hours, I’m trying out the SR 97’s in the 178’s (I may be converted to a shorter ski!) tomorrow so will follow up here.

Any other recommendations? I’m here for another 7 days and can try pretty much anything. Thinking of the Race Tiger SL’s at some point, also keen to try the SR 88’s and the Kastle FX 95’s.
I was going to suggest the Laser SCs... but if you're taking the SLs out, then you're going even slalom-ier... the SCs would slot somewhere between the AX and SL... but more toward the SL side.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife just bought a pair of the 15/16 Motion 85s in 167 off a Stockli addicted friend of ours. They belonged to his wife and he upgraded her to the 18/19 version (not that she cared). She demoed them on Wednesday and liked them, but after two runs yesterday she was sold! She's upgrading from a pair of 2014 Volkl 156 Kenjas.

Sponsor

Staff online