• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be there from February 4th to 10th (2018). I'm looking for a two bedroom place with a kitchen. I won't have a car, so walking/shuttle access is a must. I've talked to the folks at Stay Aspen Snowmass, looked on VRBO, checked out Expedia, etc. What I keep finding are a bunch of rentals available in the Woodbridge condos, "just" across the street from the village base.

So two questions:
1) Has anyone stayed there before? If so, how are the condos? They seem to be on the older side, which is OK by me.

2) Are they in walking distance to the village? And by walking distance, I mean with ski boots on and skis over the shoulder. I looked on Google maps and saw the bridge that runs over Brush Creek Road; does this allow foot traffic access from the condos to what looks like the Assay Hill lift?

Any other suggestions on where to stay would be much appreciated. I'm looking in the approximately $400 to $500 per night range (after taxes, fees, etc.), which doesn't get you much in Aspen/Snowmass. Preferably looking for each room to have a king or queen sized bed. Most of the units have a king in one room and twin beds in the other.

Thanks much

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I live in Seasons Four which is directly down the hill from Woodbridge. I have a few friends that live in Woodbridge and the condos I have seen are nice.

The Town of Snowmass shuttles come every 15 minutes and will take you to grocery store, Base Village or the mall. Very convenient. You can walk to Assay Hill.

I have a coupon for 45% off all bookings through some rental company. I can email it to you if you want to PM me your email address.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...Are they in walking distance to the village? And by walking distance, I mean with ski boots on and skis over the shoulder...

I don't know the area, and clearly Nancy does... but just to give some more info here's the walk mapped out. The distance is about 1/4 mile with moderate slopes.

upload_2017-9-13_13-2-42.png

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
I just stayed at the Snowmass Mountain Condominiums which are at the very end of Upper Woodbridge Road. I would not consider anything on the other side of Brush Creek Road in "walking distance." You'll want to ride the bus. Having said that, Snowmass Village has a good bus system and it's fairly convenient. I felt like we got good value out of our condo and would definitely stay there again.

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for all of the help. I managed to get something slope side with Nancy's help. Now to work on the rest of the trip...

Sponsor

Staff online