• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Hello

I am looking for options for men's non cotton underwear, something I can order online (amazon or ebay) and have for an upcoming trip about a week away.

I currently wear cotton briefs when I ski at Tahoe and noticed that the tailbone and upper area gets damp from perspiration.

Looking for briefs not boxer style.

Ideas? Links?

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you want warm, google "merino men's briefs". Smartwool, icebreaker, etc.
if you don't need/want warm, go for ex officio.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like http://www.exofficio.com. Started using them more than a decade ago for backpacking. A few years ago started skiing and realized much crossover in clothing. Recently, picked up some at Costco. I'm sure Amazon and other online retailers will have them in your style.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
Here is you answer.. from some random guy living in Bangkok.

As in... regularly about 30degrees plus (in centigrade obviously... not ye olde imperial units) and lots of humidity - so for daily wear to prevent swamp arse, and good for golf too, i hereby recommend:

Uniqlo Mesh boxer briefs , usually also labelled as 'Airism' - fantastic.

ps goes without saying to not get the cotton versions - and beware the low rise ones they throw in there to catch out the unwary - no man should be out displaying their arse crack.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
I went to Costco yesterday and they had the champion ones as well as the calvin klein ones that are on their website , they also had a three pack of exofficio for $24, which is what I bought.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
This thread makes me uncomfortable.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Doublely so, not the topic itself, but more that all the ads in the webpage for me just switched to half naked men and close ups of groin shots

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hello

I am looking for options for men's non cotton underwear, something I can order online (amazon or ebay) and have for an upcoming trip about a week away.

I currently wear cotton briefs when I ski at Tahoe and noticed that the tailbone and upper area gets damp from perspiration.

Looking for briefs not boxer style.

Ideas? Links?

Not clear to me, but are you wearing these under your base layer? If so, why? Just ditch the briefs and wear the base layer/long underwear, using whatever your long underwear is (which almost certainly isn't cotton).

FWIW, I've been using EMS techwick as a base layer - pretty good price when on sale.

Sponsor

Staff online