• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
trouts2

trouts2

All camber, on edge, all day.
Pass Pulled
@David Chan I measured my other skies (K2 CTI 80) and found the bindings are the same height as the Volkls with race plates. My Code UVO’s were the same way. I thought part of the purpose of a plate was to get the skier higher.

@EBG18T You are in the wrong sport. You should be a swimmer. You can probably extend like Mark Spitz. I lap swam for years. My kick was useless. I could flutter my feet like crazy but it had not effect on speed. I did exercises for two months to try and stretch my ankles but it had zero effect.

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
@David Chan I measured my other skies (K2 CTI 80) and found the bindings are the same height as the Volkls with race plates. My Code UVO’s were the same way. I thought part of the purpose of a plate was to get the skier higher.
Depending on the design of lifter plate, they have several purposes.

One is to get your boot up higher above your ski(so you are correct). This gives you a bit more leverage over the ski. It also gives the skier more space to tip the ski over on edge without “booting out”. Something you Never want to experience.

Another part for many ski/race plates is they are often designed to float over the center of the ski, allowing the ski to flex evenly. When you mount two bindings, with the mounting screws way past the ends of your boot, this creates a large area of the ski that is stiffer or changes the flex of the ski. Having a race plate properly designed, transfers input and energy to the ski, and still allows the ski to flex and bend independently of the boot/binding.

Sponsor