• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for long binding screws

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Looking for approx 29mm Flathead binding screws.

I checked all the usual places. Tognar, Slideright, etc. They all max out around 20mm. My STH2's have 24mm screws on the toe. I'd like to add a small riser, so I'm trying to find screws about 4-5mm longer. I can even go longer and shorten them if I could find any. Checked a few local shops with no luck, but they don't cater to racers, so don't deal with plates much.

I've seen posts on every ski forum asking for the same thing, but never a real answer. Do these even exist?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
In my area I would take one of the short screws to Universal Fasteners who are a nuts, bolts and screws company. There must be something similar in your area.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will look at the toe screws when I get ot the shop, measure them and see what I have at home.

James

Out There
Instructor
Those screws have a different head. Not sure I could make them work as mine are flat head screws like all the others.
Ah sorry! Yes they're cheese head.

If you can not find the long flat head binding screw, and sheet metal type is not acceptable, you could go inserts + epoxy and use machine screws with loctite.

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

Skier
Ah sorry! Yes they're cheese head.

If you can not find the long flat head binding screw, and sheet metal type is not acceptable, you could go inserts + epoxy and use machine screws with loctite.

That, or changing bindings to something with less delta will be the last resort. Finding some long screws really shouldn't be this difficult.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That, or changing bindings to something with less delta will be the last resort. Finding some long screws really shouldn't be this difficult.

FWIW I have used the cylinder head Snoli screws; with absolutely minimal time on the grinder they fit countersunk plate holes perfectly flush.

I'm guessing you're not up for doing one set of screws for the toepiece and one set of screws for the plate underneath?

Last edited:
TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

Skier
FWIW I have used the cylinder head Snoli screws; with absolutely minimal time on the grinder they fit countersunk plate holes perfectly flush.

I ordered some from Slidewright with the "wrong" head. I'll see if I can grind them down and make this work as that by far is the least expensive way of doing this.

Sponsor

Staff online