• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for input- advanced intermediate east

RowdyPiper

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
hey all. This is my first post here and a few friends sent me to this forum. I’ve been on 2014 Nordica Avenger 75s for the last few years and this season acquired Nordic hot rod overdrives in 178. Being 5”11 and 210 when all geared up, I fell in love with my new old skis. I would like to update and upgrade and have been looking at Völkl Deacon 76/pro and Völkl code v WERKS. We have season passes to Mountain Creek but do venture out to Pa, Ny, and Vt. Any input is greatly appreciated.

thebonafortuna

Booting up
Skier
What type of skiing do you enjoy? Are you always on trail or do you venture into trees? Moguls? Do you like speed or finesse carving?

TS
R

RowdyPiper

Skier
On the frontside. Hard pack grooms and ice. Looking to get cranking

TS
R

RowdyPiper

Skier
I was also recently recommended to look at the Kore 93 as a versatile all mountain all condition ski

Corgski

Getting off the lift
Skier
hey all. This is my first post here and a few friends sent me to this forum. I’ve been on 2014 Nordica Avenger 75s for the last few years and this season acquired Nordic hot rod overdrives in 178. Being 5”11 and 210 when all geared up, I fell in love with my new old skis. I would like to update and upgrade and have been looking at Völkl Deacon 76/pro and Völkl code v WERKS. We have season passes to Mountain Creek but do venture out to Pa, Ny, and Vt. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Just something to ponder, the Deacon Pros are relatively stiff, longer radius skis. Depending on your skill level, where you ski and personal preferences, something with a shorter radius might work better for smaller more crowded mountains. The Avenger also has a longer radius but is softer, the Overdrives have a shorter radius (13m). The Deacons could be less maneuverable than anything you have right now.

If you want North East all mountain, you can get good prices on Atomic x80 and x83 cti right now. 93mm is not suitable.