• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Doug Briggs mounted my Attack 13s for me and says they are muuuch better to get into. Something about a combo of the rubber of my boot sole plus the plastic of the binding and something something about positioning.

Naturally now a friend mentioned she'd heard that this year's Attack 13s have some sort of a not-releasing issue and they're not considered as awesome as the old ones. Mine are this year's, but I think it's kind of crazy to think there's enough data to already know of such an issue, so I've decided it's just internet rumor BS.

The skis feel noticeably lighter with the Attack 13s instead of Marker Griffons. Not sure if that's real or perceived.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
My daughter is on the Aattack 11 this year, I'll report back what the experience has been like for her.

I really like that series of bindings from the shop feel so far. Subjectively it's the best current binding is the transverse tour spring type. I still prefer the longitudinal toe designs, which leaves me with pivots and STH2s. I never particularly liked the Royalty series although honestly I've nothing too complain after 4 years of Jesters on my old Bonafides. The truth is all modern bindings work these days.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
@Doug Briggs mounted my Attack 13s for me and says they are muuuch better to get into. Something about a combo of the rubber of my boot sole plus the plastic of the binding and something something about positioning.

Naturally now a friend mentioned she'd heard that this year's Attack 13s have some sort of a not-releasing issue and they're not considered as awesome as the old ones. Mine are this year's, but I think it's kind of crazy to think there's enough data to already know of such an issue, so I've decided it's just internet rumor BS.

The skis feel noticeably lighter with the Attack 13s instead of Marker Griffons. Not sure if that's real or perceived.

I highly, highly doubt Tyrolia changed the binding from last year to this. Probably just BS. Toe or heel release? The heel is a pretty long-established designed, borrowed from at least the Peak/Mojo/GTO series and probably from their race clamps before that.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I highly, highly doubt Tyrolia changed the binding from last year to this. Probably just BS. Toe or heel release? The heel is a pretty long-established designed, borrowed from at least the Peak/Mojo/GTO series and probably from their race clamps before that.

I'm pretty sure they changed maybe 2 years ago? I just realized I have the Head Peak 12 on my Samba--same binding, but the older model. WAY more ramp angle. Still very easy to step into and click out of.

Quick question about the Attacks: both my husband and I have a hell of a time separating our skis with these bindings. Is there a secret trick to getting them to let go of each other?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm pretty sure they changed maybe 2 years ago? I just realized I have the Head Peak 12 on my Samba--same binding, but the older model. WAY more ramp angle. Still very easy to step into and click out of.

Quick question about the Attacks: both my husband and I have a hell of a time separating our skis with these bindings. Is there a secret trick to getting them to let go of each other?
There little nipples on the inside part of the brakes can be dremmeled down to make them easier to separate.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There little nipples on the inside part of the brakes can be dremmeled down to make them easier to separate.
Ahh, just the secret I was looking for. Now that I think about it, the Peak 12's did the same thing although not as drastically for awhile. I must have smoothed them out over time.
Poor nipples...

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
So, I had a pretty rough day today - the upper mountain was open and I finally got on some double blacks with lots of loose snow and - I just blew up. Good news, though, regarding the bindings - on the first fall of the day (sigh), I took a digger in a surprise trap of soft snow. Both skis came off. Once I got them onto a platform, they were super easy to get back into. Had they been the Markers, I think I would still be trying to get into them.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So, I had a pretty rough day today - the upper mountain was open and I finally got on some double blacks with lots of loose snow and - I just blew up. Good news, though, regarding the bindings - on the first fall of the day (sigh), I took a digger in a surprise trap of soft snow. Both skis came off. Once I got them onto a platform, they were super easy to get back into. Had they been the Markers, I think I would still be trying to get into them.
:eek: and :thumb:

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Moderator, shouldn't all ski-related whining be conducted within the ropes of Pugski forum?? :popcorn:

Wait, are you arguing that people *want* to hear me whining about a bad day skiing here? Somehow I doubt it.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I still don't have day one, so even a whine about a day on the slopes is better than nothing! :D

You will kick me out of the site when I whine about lovely soft snow on steep terrain and how I couldn't buy a turn today and ended up torquing my knee a bit so now I am walking funny =/

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
You will kick me out of the site when I whine about lovely soft snow on steep terrain and how I couldn't buy a turn today and ended up torquing my knee a bit so now I am walking funny =/
Tell me another ski story, especially the part about lovely soft snow on steep terrain, sis! :rolleyes:But leave out that nasty bit about tourqed knees and walking funny. Bleech!! :nono:

Sponsor

Staff online