• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Looking for Attack 13 bindings

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Thread bump. I have a pair of Armada Invictus 89ti skis that need bindings. I used to own a pair of Aattacks with 95mm brake and I should have kept them ;). The skis are 87 underfoot so I think Aattacks with a brake width between 85mm-95 would be perfect. I'm not in a hurry but if you have a pair or know of a pair please reach out. Fixed or Demo is fine.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
levelnine is probably best bet for brand new. Though they are not Gripwalk, if you need that.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Thanks. I've heard of gripwalk but guessing I don't need it since I don't know what it is. New isn't necessary, I"m fine with used. I'll check out level nine though just to see what they have.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
And yet still you might want it just for the resale value. #cheapfutureproofing

Just looked it up. I've been buying/selling skis for a while now and this has never come up so I don't think it's been a hindrance all. Seems pretty cool though. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll search for that thread on here so I can read up on it.

Now does anyone have any Attack 13s for me :)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Just looked it up. I've been buying/selling skis for a while now and this has never come up so I don't think it's been a hindrance all.

That just tells me you're operating in a protected market. Kinda like TGR is for fat skis. Long may your oasis have water.

Our watering holes dried up two years ago. There is no such thing as fair market value on used gear. If you want to sell it, it pretty much has to be one or two of a) under $150 b) WTR or Gripwalk labeled meaning 2 seasons old tops c) 15 DIN or higher d) touring.

I'm not even going to bother trying to sell what I've got left - 35+ pairs are going to whichever thrift store is most convenient. Neither Craigslist nor eBay are worth my time or hassle.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Why thank you. I've sold anything from Stockli Laser SX's to Atomic Redisters to Volkl Yumi's to Volkl Kenjas to 90eithers, to Nordica Santa Anas 100 and 110. I tend to buy low, I look for deals, I ski them and then I sell them when I'm done with them. I usually make a little profit or at a minimum break even. I've sold skis for as much as $600 but never lower than $250 and it's all relative depending on what I paid for them and what I'd willing to let them go for. I've sold flat skis, skis with system bindings, skis with demo and fixed bindings from 72 underfoot all the way to 110 underfoot. All are relatively new withing 2-3 years old and in great shape. Perhaps it's because we live in different regions but I've never had any issue selling things. I'm sorry your oasis has dried up. I don't bother with craig's list much but I do most of my buying and selling on eBay which is easy peazy. The market is definitely a buyer's market but I'm never in a hurry to sell skis so I can be patient to get what I want or close to it. If we had a garage and/or a basement I'm sure I'd get even more into this.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Why thank you. I've sold anything from Stockli Laser SX's to Atomic Redisters to Volkl Yumi's to Volkl Kenjas to 90eithers, to Nordica Santa Anas 100 and 110. I tend to buy low, I look for deals, I ski them and then I sell them when I'm done with them.

Yep, protected. ogsmile Imagine a market where you'd get $200-$250 tops used, for any of those. The reps can't sell their current demo fleets for more than $250, even if they are halo skis, even if they have less than 5-10 days on them.

Anyhow...

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Yep, protected. ogsmile Imagine a market where you'd get $200-$250 tops used, for any of those. The reps can't sell their current demo fleets for more than $250, even if they are halo skis, even if they have less than 5-10 days on them.

Anyhow...

I'll take my market as I can't imagine that other one. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but my world is different and I'm very grateful. Perhaps this should branch away into its own thread because I'm really just looking for bindings for a pair of skis I bought.

:beercheer:

TrueNorth

Getting on the lift
Skier

Anyhow...

I need to get in touch with those reps...

Anyway, I think I have some new condition non-demo non-Gripwalk Attack 13s I could sell. I’ll check tonight.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I guess its time to start googling for sales. I have 87, 90 and 104 underfoot skis that need bindings.

Anyone have any new or used ones for sale. Demo or not, don't care.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I would assume shops are selling new/but old stock for 50% off (at least mine is). Great time to buy at the shops that are looking to just get rid of previous year goods to make room for new stuff. Gotta be lots of discounted Attack 13’s out there in the shops.

Yesterday at shop we were with a lady....we got her in all last years stock at 50% off:

Tecnica Mach1 95MV...23.5
Head Absolut Joy...153
Rossi poles

I installed it all on the spot....she gave us a tip cuz we saved her so much money....

Good deal for her. She was an Elk skier looking to try to get a little better this year so she could keep up with her kids.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The “shop binding” this winter at my shop is in fact ...the Tyrolia Attack (11/13). That will be the bulk of my installs this winter. It is a great install....so I’ll be a happy rat.

Last edited:

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why thank you. I've sold anything from Stockli Laser SX's to Atomic Redisters to Volkl Yumi's to Volkl Kenjas to 90eithers, to Nordica Santa Anas 100 and 110. I tend to buy low, I look for deals, I ski them and then I sell them when I'm done with them. I usually make a little profit or at a minimum break even. I've sold skis for as much as $600 but never lower than $250 and it's all relative depending on what I paid for them and what I'd willing to let them go for. I've sold flat skis, skis with system bindings, skis with demo and fixed bindings from 72 underfoot all the way to 110 underfoot. All are relatively new withing 2-3 years old and in great shape. Perhaps it's because we live in different regions but I've never had any issue selling things. I'm sorry your oasis has dried up. I don't bother with craig's list much but I do most of my buying and selling on eBay which is easy peazy. The market is definitely a buyer's market but I'm never in a hurry to sell skis so I can be patient to get what I want or close to it. If we had a garage and/or a basement I'm sure I'd get even more into this.
I am with you on using Ebay for buying and selling skis boots and other ski gear. There are tons of reviews out there to help a person narrow down what they are interested in. I have purchased over 8 pairs of skis for my wife and myself on Ebay and sold more than 5 pairs. I usually buy 1 to 3 years old and sometimes new. I do get great deals on top rated gear there. If I do not like them I sell them on Ebay as they have such a huge market. I also agree that it is usually a buyers market. This does not bother me much as I most likely purchased them there. I usually break even or lose a few bucks after having used them. To me this is a great way to try top rated skis at fair prices and have a way to resell them if I do not like them. It is also nice to not have to pay to demo skis at the ski area. As a seller you know you are paid as Paypal is the payment method. They also offer seller shipping discounts on skis. There is also a not as described guarantee for the buyer. If they are not as described you can make the seller take them back or negotiate a better deal. I have only had to use this once as a buyer for a pair of Nordica Enforcers that had been mounted twice and not disclosed. I got a credit to my purchase price. To me this is the easiest way to look and compare a lot of items in a short time.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would assume shops are selling new/but old stock for 50% off (at least mine is). Great time to buy at the shops that are looking to just get rid of previous year goods to make room for new stuff. Gotta be lots of discounted Attack 13’s out there in the shops.

Yesterday at shop we were with a lady....we got her in all last years stock at 50% off:

Tecnica Mach1 95MV...23.5
Head Absolut Joy...153
Rossi poles

I installed it all on the spot....she gave us a tip cuz we saved her so much money....

Good deal for her. She was an Elk skier looking to try to get a little better this year so she could keep up with her kids.
No real reason for a shop to be selling Attack 13's at 50% off other than to sweeten the deal of buying skis. The binding carries over unchanged for this coming season and they will just have to replace the same stock anyway.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Why not another Attack model, the 11 or the 12? You'd probably still be under the DIN midpoint of either one.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Good idea. I need to do some more reading on the other attacks as I don't know much about them. My DIN is 7 so provided they cover that I suppose it's fine. I'm certainly not opposed to them provided they are as much of a dream as the Attack 13s are.

Sponsor

Staff online