• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for advice from Dallas

BigTex

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey everyone. I started skiing about 4 years ago, making multiple trips to Colorado each year. I was wondering which sub forum to post in for advice on purchasing skis

TS
B

BigTex

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
6’6” 245lb athletic build. I feel like I’m a pretty solid skier for someone who lives in Texas. We make about three trips each season. Mostly ski groomers with the occasional upper bowls. I rent anywhere from 180-186 length with 100 width. Looking for a ski that can do it all.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This would be a good place to start, Let us know weight ,height, ability, etc
6’6” 245lb athletic build. I feel like I’m a pretty solid skier for someone who lives in Texas. We make about three trips each season. Mostly ski groomers with the occasional upper bowls. I rent anywhere from 180-186 length with 100 width. Looking for a ski that can do it all.
If you post in the linked forum area in Carolinacub's post you'll get some responses.

Welcome!

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
Welcome, compatriot. I'm right down the street from you.

Let me be the first to recommend the Blizzard Bonafides. Or the Nordica Navigator, if you like something a little more friendly in the bumps, amd more forgiving in general. They're both <100mm underfoot, but I think you'll find 100mm really too wide for groomers, and the occasional bowl.

Sponsor

Staff online