• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a recommendation

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
I am 6'1" 220 lbs advanced skier. I can ski all of crested butte, but I typically ski with my group or family. 90/10 on and off piste. I just skied my old (2015) rtm 77 in 177 cm, last weekend. I really enjoyed it a lot, compared to my blizzard brahma ca in 180cm. The ski stayed hooked up to the snow in turns. The Blizzards, I find it hard to turn so I become a dirty heel pusher. They just feel like I lose the tail to easy, by no means out of control. I want to carve and the vokl does that , I just want a bigger waist so I don't have to carry 2 skis on our trips.

We typically get about 20-25 days a year on the hill, my goal is to break the 30 day mark.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah a 180 Brahma Ca would be the last pick for you.... The new Brahma 82 or 88 you may like, but not really the same as the CA.

TS
djetok

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Any other recommendations?
The two listed above are what I am leaning towards

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skiing with kids while they're growing up you end up pushing around while you meander with the herd, but your skis want to go downhill and fast. Soon enough the kids are skiing fast but you're still pushing around! Then you get on some narrower skis and they stay on edge better. Hopefully there's a happy medium for you. Good luck with 30 days, we should reach it for the first time this year.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The Blizzards, I find it hard to turn so I become a dirty heel pusher. They just feel like I lose the tail to easy, by no means out of control

Based on this, you might want to look into the Head Rally. it is a blast on groomers, and it can definitely handle offpiste. I bought them 2 seasons ago, and went from 90/10 on/offpiste to 10/90 or so, and while I am looking for a dedicated offpiste ski now, I am in no huge hurry given how versatile it is. In a nutshell, it does lock you into a turn firmly, but it is relatively forgiving. The system bindings would allow you to move back a notch if the tails are locking up, or forward if they are too "locked in". More here.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pick up a leftover Fischer Pro Mountain 86. They’re very good in most condition, have great edge grip and are easy and fun to ski.