• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a low profile helmet

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I thought I saw this Here before - searched but could not find it.

I have a Giro now and it makes me look like I am part of the Mario brothers clan. Looking for a lower profile helmet.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
Giro Range is pretty low-profile. I bought one a couple weeks ago. The shell adjusts with the internal ratchet so that the entire helmet gets smaller when you tighten it. It fits really well on my head, but maybe that's just me working well with a certain brand -- I also really like Giro cycling helmets. The only downside is that it certainly isn't cheap, $240 for the MIPS model. But for that money you get a really great fit, the MIPS stuff, and a nifty magnetic buckle that requires zero effort, even with gloves on.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Giro Range is pretty low-profile. I bought one a couple weeks ago. The shell adjusts with the internal ratchet so that the entire helmet gets smaller when you tighten it. It fits really well on my head, but maybe that's just me working well with a certain brand -- I also really like Giro cycling helmets. The only downside is that it certainly isn't cheap, $240 for the MIPS model. But for that money you get a really great fit, the MIPS stuff, and a nifty magnetic buckle that requires zero effort, even with gloves on.
Yup, Giro did a real good job with this helmet, it is about as low profile as I have had on.

TS
Daves not here

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yup, Giro did a real good job with this helmet, it is about as low profile as I have had on.

Any others you are aware of? I have been looking at Scott Symbol and Prett as well.