• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for a east coast all mountain ski

falcon_o

Getting on the lift
Skier
At your ability, height and weight another ski you might consider is the 177 Volkl RTM 84 UVO. I ski the RTM 84 at Killington primarily skiing the conditions you have listed as desirables. I find it excellent on both groomers and hard pack/icy conditions being fast edge to edge and no speed limit. But I have found it to be very capable in moguls, glades, crud and fresh up to mid calf. As the last year for this ski was 2019 you can find it at a reasonable price.

For 2020 Volkl has replaced it with the Deacon which, based upon reviews, is improved over the 84 for skiing all the desired conditions.

On pugski see: https://www.pugski.com/threads/2020-volkl-deacon-80-84.14115/

As always, demo your top choices if possible.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Renoun Z90's are probably one of the best all mountain east coast skis out there. There are a lot of choices , but you should give Renoun a ride, you might be very happy you did.. They have a 100 day money back garentee. Many of us Renoun owners can offer you a $100 off code as well.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How about something medium radius with tail rocker and a little lighter and flexible (for your size) that will allow you to make the quick turns at lower speeds and maybe practice hop turns, which help with short carved turns (it really works). Kendo 88?

Sponsor

Staff online