• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look what my boss just bought me: New Wintersteiger Scout

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@Doug Briggs said the price of the tune will stay the same, what is the price of a tune with the new machine?

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@Doug Briggs, Just curious, how do those deally's grab a hold on a ski that has a other than flat top? How about a textured top as well.
It's really a lot like those supposedly super duper Montana machines.

Just a grippy Rubber and pressure. It held my stoecklis with the 3D top sheet which is micro textured. It has held double deckers and today we did a pair of cross-country skis. Grip is not an issue.

@Doug Briggs said the price of the tune will stay the same, what is the price of a tune with the new machine?

$50.

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
That thing, like others of it type are just sacrilegious.

:roflmao:

It is just a very heavy, very expensive tool.

Chuck is looking to ramp up the tuning part of his business. This will allow for more tunes to be done in less time with much greater consistency.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
That’s why they invented roof racks! What kind of savage puts the skis inside?
What kind of savage would put skis to roof racks exposing them to all possible crap coming from road? :P And roof boxes slow down your car way too much, not to mention Porsche with roof box looks err... kinda weird mildly said... unless you are Jon Olsson :D i can pretend I don't want Porsche because skis or bikes don't fit in, so I rather stick with my Skoda Octavia RS (something in range of Ford Focus ST for US guys who never heard of Skoda :D ) which has option to "swallow" 2 of our mtb, or some 10+ pairs of skis with all other stuff needed and still fly around with those 250HP :) Truth is, I probably couldn't afford to buy new tires for Porsche, even if someone would give me Porsche for free :D

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Haha, by roof rack I mean box.
It does look funny to see a box on a 911 for sure. There are built in factory roof rack mounts available as an option.

I’ve also seen 2 mountain bikes on top of the roof bike rack.

I love it as I have yet to see any other true sports car being used that same way.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@hbear just google images for "Jon Olsson car" and you will see collection of nice sport cars with roof boxes :D I think pretty much every his car, if I remember right even Rebellion, had roof box on top :D

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
People have been asking about auto de-burring devices (I understand they exist) and hot waxing machines.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
People have been asking about auto de-burring devices (I understand they exist) and hot waxing machines.

Dropped of the Monsters and the 122's BC at your place earlier today. I heard you guys did like 28 pairs of skis yesterday! yikes! :eek::eek::eek:

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Dropped of the Monsters and the 122's BC at your place earlier today. I heard you guys did like 28 pairs of skis yesterday! yikes! :eek::eek::eek:

That may be a new record. I didn't know it was that busy. With the way the new machine can quickly and accurately tune a ski (in the right hands of course ;) we can really handle a lot. That number doesn't include a number mounts that would have also been done by the ski techs. Sad to say I was part of the epic tuning session but my shift had to be covered by another person while I dealt with a client's server that had been hacked and held hostage by ransomware. I was up a lot later than the tuners. I'd rather have been tuning skis than recovering a server.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought of this thread last weekend when I saw their tuning shop right in the base at Sunday River... there's a viewing area, and you can watch it work :

20181215_074850 ACR Conv.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Thought of this thread last weekend when I saw their tuning shop right in the base at Sunday River... there's a viewing area, and you can watch it work :

View attachment 61323

When you pay 6 figures for anything, you want to display it, right? We give a lot of 'tours' to Chuck's friends. There is no official public viewing area however.

Now I have to pay @Doug Briggs a visit - I can't imagine that fitting in the workshop area!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Of course you realize, @Doug Briggs, that once they come up with the coin operated version of the Scout you will be out of work.;)

Sponsor

Staff online