Look SPX 15 Rockerace question

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
Pugski Ski Tester
Is it possible to get a wider brake that will fit this heal piece?
Nope. The brakes for the Rocker Race are not interchangeable with other SPX/PX heels. Since the binding was developed to specifically to work on race skis, there was no wider brake produced.

TS
M

Micah Roberts

At the base lodge
Skier
Thanks Phil. It is a shame as this looks like a great combo with that heal and the 1 piece toe.

James

Skiing the powder
Instructor
Personally, I hate it everytime I step in it. It can be very tough even with 315ish mm sole. Once in, it's fine. I wish they made the 18 in a lower Din spring, even at the 18 price, but Look is a stubborn mule.

TS
M

Micah Roberts

At the base lodge
Skier
Personally, I hate it everytime I step in it. It can be very tough even with 315ish mm sole. Once in, it's fine. I wish they made the 18 in a lower Din spring, even at the 18 price, but Look is a stubborn mule.
Is it the SPX heel you don't like? Does it step in differently than the regular SPX heel found in the non race binding?

James

Skiing the powder
Instructor
Is it the SPX heel you don't like? Does it step in differently than the regular SPX heel found in the non race binding?
Despise the heel. No idea why you'd use it if you didn't have to. Maybe you have reasons. If you can use a Din 10, get the 18. Don't know about the "regular". No idea what that is, I suspect only the way it attaches to ski is different.
Again, once your in it doesn't matter. Some people don't have as much of an issue.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
Pugski Ski Tester
The Rocker Race does go down to the 12 too.

tomahawkins

At the base lodge
Skier
The 2020 Rockerace bindings now include plastic tabs at the back that fills in the rocker gap. Doesn't this defeat the purpose? Anyone know the reasoning behind it?

BTW, I think the heel mechanism was updated in some way; it's easier to step out and releasing the binding by hand won't cut your fingers off.

IMG_3134.jpg
IMG_3135.jpg

James

Skiing the powder
Instructor
Do those tabs go into a corresponding slot?
If not going into a slot, standby for them being called, "Power Tabs", "Turbo Tabs", etc.

CO Freeskier

Booting up
Skier
I just installed the Rockerace 15 and noticed the change in the heel versus the SPX race bindings. Looks to me like the binding will still flex with the ski as the SPX did but maybe they just fine tuned the design.

FYI, the Rockerace 15 and 18 have the full metal toe, the 14 and 12 use a less beefy toe with more plastic but are still great bindings. Love my SPX 15s on my GS skis and don't expect the Rockeraces to perform any different.

Advertisement