• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Maxgun

Booting up
Skier
Hi all, just purchased my first set of skis, after normally hiring.
It's a set of Dynastar legends, with look NX11 bindings.
I've set the bindings for my din level.
But was enquiring about how hard it normally is to exit the binding when stationary using the poles to push the rear leaver. As it seems a lot easier than it normally is when I've hired skis. Just wondered if this is relative to the Din settings, or does it just feel lighter due to better quality bindings that would normally be on hire skis. Many thanks

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
New skis bought online? You are adjusting them, vs having a shop do it? How did you determine your DIN settings? Did you adjust the forward pressure? That all said, there is variation in the force needed to open the heel piece of different bindings. Maybe someone with experience with the NX11 will comment.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
We're you on snow when trying to open them and thought it was too east? Because if not, that may have made it feel easier. When on snow the fact that the ski may slide may cause it to feel more difficult.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I believe this falls solidly into the heading of "If you have to ask..." :nono:

TS
Maxgun

Maxgun

Booting up
Skier
New skis bought online? You are adjusting them, vs having a shop do it? How did you determine your DIN settings? Did you adjust the forward pressure? That all said, there is variation in the force needed to open the heel piece of different bindings. Maybe someone with experience with the NX11 will comment.
Thanks for the reply.
Second hand skis online. The boot's fit perfectly within the binding and center point for both boots and ski match. After adjusting and according to the Look download instructions for the binding.
Yes I would always have a shop check and adjust the binding before any use. But I've just set them for now, to the Din level that always comes up the same, using various charts and graphs online.
But as I say, the rear lever doesn't seem as stiff to operate as others I've used. And doesn't seem to increase if I raise the Din level to see if it changes.
But like you said , they may well all vary. Thanks

TS
Maxgun

Maxgun

Booting up
Skier
We're you on snow when trying to open them and thought it was too east? Because if not, that may have made it feel easier. When on snow the fact that the ski may slide may cause it to feel more difficult.
Good point, I was just setting up on firm floor after adjusting for boot length

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
The boot's fit perfectly within the binding and center point for both boots and ski match. After adjusting and according to the Look download instructions for the binding.
I am inferring from this you adjusted the forward pressure. On those bindings you flip the lever in the back up, move the heel back and forth, and then push the lever down. The indicator on the side of the heel should be close to the center of the scale.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Might have to do with heel design. The NX heel is a single cam design, very well the OP was demoing a Tyrolia Attack2, Salomon Sth2 13 or Marker TCX demo which have a dual cam in the heel which is usually easier to step into.

TS
Maxgun

Maxgun

Booting up
Skier
I am inferring from this you adjusted the forward pressure. On those bindings you flip the lever in the back up, move the heel back and forth, and then push the lever down. The indicator on the side of the heel should be close to the center of the scale.
Yes adjusted forward pressure so indicator is centred in yellow window.
I think it's just, as a previous reply. Just the design of the binding, and the function is just easier. Thanks

TS
Maxgun

Maxgun

Booting up
Skier
Might have to do with heel design. The NX heel is a single cam design, very well the OP was demoing a Tyrolia Attack2, Salomon Sth2 13 or Marker TCX demo which have a dual cam in the heel which is usually easier to step into.
Yes that makes sense. I think it's just the function is just easier on this binding to what I have been used to previously. Thanks

Sponsor