• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look Pivot binding mounting instructions

VON

Booting up
Skier
Hey all,

Anyone have a good resource (video, manual, etc) for mounting look Pivot bindings? I just mounted a pair on my new skis, but I'm not sure I got the forward heel pressure right. Very hard to find authoritative info on this.

I have a couple lingering questions after clipping the boot into bindings by hand and testing:

1. How much should the heel of the boot be able to lift when pulling up (hard) on the boot? My heel raises roughly 6mm and I notice that the long cylinder does stand up a bit more vertical when I pull up hard. I know heel elasticity is the whole appeal of look bindings, but I'm trying to figure out what is too much/too little?

2. When pushing laterally against the heel piece of the binding itself (when the boot is clipped in), how much resistance should you be feeling? Or should the heel piece of the binding be able to "pivot" somewhat without releasing the boot.

I have done the standard test advised by many which is to make sure that the heel piece snaps up very quickly when clipping into the binding with very gradual foot pressure.

Any advice much appreciated! Will report back with any info I pick up elsewhere

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
Also interested in this and availability of mounting templates. Do 12/14 mounting holes match up with 18?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey all,

Anyone have a good resource (video, manual, etc) for mounting look Pivot bindings? I just mounted a pair on my new skis, but I'm not sure I got the forward heel pressure right. Very hard to find authoritative info on this.

I have a couple lingering questions after clipping the boot into bindings by hand and testing:

1. How much should the heel of the boot be able to lift when pulling up (hard) on the boot? My heel raises roughly 6mm and I notice that the long cylinder does stand up a bit more vertical when I pull up hard. I know heel elasticity is the whole appeal of look bindings, but I'm trying to figure out what is too much/too little?

2. When pushing laterally against the heel piece of the binding itself (when the boot is clipped in), how much resistance should you be feeling? Or should the heel piece of the binding be able to "pivot" somewhat without releasing the boot.

I have done the standard test advised by many which is to make sure that the heel piece snaps up very quickly when clipping into the binding with very gradual foot pressure.

Any advice much appreciated! Will report back with any info I pick up elsewhere

1. The heel has 25mm if travel before release, I am not sure what the 6mm is, is that when the boot is IN the binding? If so, the forward pressure is incorrent.
2. It should take a significant amount of effort to rotate the heel, there should be a lot of resistance.

The Pivot is the one of the most particular bindings and least tollerant if variables. The forward pressure needs to be adjusted equally from both sides of the dildo and the white tab behind the turn table should be just on the back half of the two scribes when the boot is in the binding.

Also interested in this and availability of mounting templates. Do 12/14 mounting holes match up with 18?
Yes, the holes are identical.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
As Phil said, you do not have enough forward pressure. Ignore the white tab and lines behind the heel, you want to adjust so the heel just stops moving when you tug on the boot cuff. Tighten until you see no movement of the brake arms as you tug, then stop. Also do NOT over tighten the two back screws on the heel plate (back 2 of the 4 screws holding the heel down on the ski),over tightening is what breaks the half moon, the most common part that fails.

Sponsor

Staff online