• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look Pivot 14’s....adjustment range and mount questions

FlimFlamvanHam

Putting on skis
Skier
Adjustment range is around 7-8mm total, so you could mount in the middle(293mm) and adjust slightly up or down from there. More hassle than a regular binding tab on a track for adjustment but could be done.
Good to hear!
Yes, about 8-10mm plus or minus adjustability on pivots with a bit of play on forward pressure “okay range”. Thinking you’ll be a hair out of range with a 12mm jump in boot sizes. Old holes will be sealed and hidden under the heel piece so you won’t even notice.

With all due respect, where are you coming up with that adjustment range? I'm misundersatnding you I think? All of my skis have FKS/Pivots on them for many years. I mount them. Bend the brakes. Have used dif BSL boots in them on same mount. They can and will adjust to a 20mm range and that is not conservative.

3 "rings" on the struts. If you are mounted in middle of range (middle ring just visible) then winding in to most forward/1st ring that will get you ~10mm (and you can wind it in until it stops to get a bit more) and same going the other way. I do have one old set of skis that is in very regular use wound right in past the lowest indicator with zero ill effects.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
With all due respect, where are you coming up with that adjustment range? I'm misundersatnding you I think? All of my skis have FKS/Pivots on them for many years. I mount them. Bend the brakes. Have used dif BSL boots in them on same mount. They can and will adjust to a 20mm range and that is not conservative.

3 "rings" on the struts. If you are mounted in middle of range (middle ring just visible) then winding in to most forward/1st ring that will get you ~10mm (and you can wind it in until it stops to get a bit more) and same going the other way. I do have one old set of skis that is in very regular use wound right in past the lowest indicator with zero ill effects.

Correct, 20mm total adjustment range which means plus 10mm and minus 10mm from the original mount which is usually in middle of the range. I’m assuming it’s the middle of the range but if the jig/template used a slightly larger sole size than the original boot and adjusted smaller, we would have less than +10mm and we need 12mm larger.

So PROBABLY just out of adjustment range and easier to just move the heel mount a bit further back rather than re-using the heel holes when remounting a different set of Pivot bindings on these skis. Then there is some ability to fine tune forward pressure as well as the ability to have a new +/- 10 mm adjustment range from the new heel mount in case there’s a change of boots in the future.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

There is only a single ring on the strut of the modern Look Pivot binding. So the only adjustment after mounting is the screw to adjust the length of the arms. The limit marks on the arm adjustments are approximately 20mm long.