• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: Stockli Stormrider 107

James

Out There
Instructor
Maybe Stockli could make a special Steamboat version. Comes with Grass Sticks too.

Reactions: Ron

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
So is there a consensus on mount point on these skis? Just ordered a used pair that will need a remount for my size boot. Alternatively I could get some demo bindings. Obviously re-using the existing bindings would be cheaper. This is mostly for EC resort powder days.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
consensus? nope, if there ever was a ski that benefited from a demo binding, this is it. I found this on page 1, but this is just for me, skiing powder in trees and bumps. YMMV. You could try +1 forward of the AM mark . the attack demo's are so good, why not use one though.

"Mount point that works best for me and my style is -5mm from the FS mark or +1.5 forward from the AM mark."

Jersey Skier

Skier
consensus? nope, if there ever was a ski that benefited from a demo binding, this is it. I found this on page 1, but this is just for me, skiing powder in trees and bumps. YMMV. You could try +1 forward of the AM mark . the attack demo's are so good, why not use one though.

"Mount point that works best for me and my style is -5mm from the FS mark or +1.5 forward from the AM mark."

Thanks. Know anyone with any spare 110mm brakes to fit some Attack Demos?

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought a "pre-owned" pair about three weeks age with Attack AT14s on them. I was able to adjust them for my boots without a remount, but I'll have to check the position (they're in my locker. I used them for three runs on WROD just to check them out, but we'll see how they perform in deeper stuff with the present mount.

Jersey Skier

Skier
I bought a "pre-owned" pair about three weeks age with Attack AT14s on them. I was able to adjust them for my boots without a remount, but I'll have to check the position (they're in my locker. I used them for three runs on WROD just to check them out, but we'll see how they perform in deeper stuff with the present mount.

Going from the original mount to mine with a larger BSL, Even if doable will move me further back.

Jersey Skier

Skier
1/2 or 1/3 on the tune? Being on the EC I tend to tune everything with 3 degrees, but not sure with these.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
depends on where you are skiing them. a 1;2 plenty for soft snow and powder.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Jersey Skier - Aatack demos all the way !
The ski really has theee distinct modes as I ski it and think you would agree. Sorry you didn’t get a chance to ski mine back east.

Chomping at the bit to take them out here at BS, just waiting for a touch more coverage.

Jersey Skier

Skier
The ski really has theee distinct modes as I ski it and think you would agree. Sorry you didn’t get a chance to ski mine back east.

Chomping at the bit to take them out here at BS, just waiting for a touch more coverage.

I'll be mounting up the Demos this week. Platty opened yesterday with one trail. Skied Hunter on Wednesday for the official start of my season. Would be nice have to have BS as my local bump.

Jersey Skier

Skier

So if the weekend weather holds out, Platty should be getting dumped on Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to have these things strapped to my feet first thing Sunday. Where do I want the bindings set so I'm not standing around in the powder playing with the settings?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I'm still experimenting, but on the Freeride line seems to work best for me as a daily driver. Haven't got them into anything deep yet this season.

Sponsor

Staff online