• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: Stockli Stormrider 107

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Jersey Skier - hoping my Catskill brothers get the goods this weekend, your long overdue. Sending positive vibes that the storm hits you guys and hard.

We got 8-12 of cold smoke yesterday and last night and although I started this morning in the AM setting I moved back 2 clics and felt dialed in, of course YMMV.
Thinking just today I want to find a back up pair of these, I enjoy them that much.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We're supposed to get hit pretty hard starting this afternoon, so I should get a chance to try mine out in conditions they were meant for.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
This was as close as I could get to an action shot of my SR107's yesterday.

grastic.jpg

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok Stormrider SR107 users, I need some advice. I've skied my 183 SR 107s 4-5 times in various conditions including firm groomers, springlike conditions we had today and 12" or so of fresh snow. They are currently mounted 8MM forward of the AM line. They hold great and are very stable on hardpack and floated well the day I tried them in fresh snow, but are not what I'd call fun to ski. The current bindings are Attack 14 AT. Would I benefit by changing the bindings to Attack 13 demos and fooling around with the mount position or should I just admit that they are too much ski for me and send them down the road? My play ski is a '17-'18 Stormrider 88 177 that I absolutely love to ski.
Me: 5'10" 185 lb.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Ok Stormrider SR107 users, I need some advice. I've skied my 183 SR 107s 4-5 times in various conditions including firm groomers, springlike conditions we had today and 12" or so of fresh snow. They are currently mounted 8MM forward of the AM line. They hold great and are very stable on hardpack and floated well the day I tried them in fresh snow, but are not what I'd call fun to ski. The current bindings are Attack 14 AT. Would I benefit by changing the bindings to Attack 13 demos and fooling around with the mount position or should I just admit that they are too much ski for me and send them down the road? My play ski is a '17-'18 Stormrider 88 177 that I absolutely love to ski.
Me: 5'10" 185 lb.

The different mount points do make a noticeable difference. I've only used mine on the FR line, one click in front and one click behind it and they all felt different. That's only 10mm's. I can't imagine going all the way to either of the other lines. As easy as the bindings are to adjust, when I was out in 12" of fresh snow, I couldn't bring myself to stop and fiddle with them. BTW, I'm about your size, maybe a bit heavier this season and they were a very fun ski that can still bash through ruts.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Thanks @Jersey Skier ! I'm looking for some Attack 13 demo bindings now-most available seem to have the 95mm brake rather than the 110. Worst case I'll get the Attack 14s remounted.

I used 95's with minimal effort. A slight bend and then I dremeled off a little of the interfering plastic and everything works fine.

Bought the older versions on Level nine sports.

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
ou are about to read a lot of contradictory statements about the 183 Stöckl Stormrider 107. Why? Because no other ski I have ever clicked into seemingly does so many things so well even though it just doesn't seem like it should.

I know this is an old thread, but I just found a pair of these used locally for a good price. I have the old green 95s that I use as an everyday ski and love them. I was looking around for a wider, softer snow option that would be more playful/easier than my SR95 when I saw the SR107 for sale. It probably doesn't fit my "more playful" wish but very tempting for the price. I haven't found much for reviews on them except for a few ppl saying the carbon inserts in Stockli's were a disaster. That doesn't seem to be the consensus on this forum.

How are these in tighter trees and bumps? My mountain gets skied out fast on a pow day and the best option is the trees. Unfortunately, our trees are pretty thick requiring a slower meandering path.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid