• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To be fair, Liberty skis were not on my radar, but after skiing some at Copper last year, they are REALLY on my radar!!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Women's version available? Or, shorter length that would be suitable? Ron's description of them sounds like they are very much like the Blizzard Sheeva, which I own and love.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
They have the VMT 82 in a 165. Which IMO is a good size for a skier your size. The 82s, the only one I have demoed felt to me more like Head Ititan, Stockli AX in scope than Blizzard Sheeva/rustler which have more locked on snow feeling despite being wider. The interesting things about the 82s to me, was it would absolutely rail a turn on most hard packed condition, but did very well with true brushing of turns on aggressive hardpack, its no replacement for my Monster 83s, but I think it could replace my Ititan(and get rid of that damned system binding) and my XDR 84 as the VMT 82 is easier in bumps for me than the XDR 84, and felt more versatile than the Ititan.

I would personally love to see Liberty do some sort of stiffer model in the same shape, with maybe the 2 strips VMT and one sheet of titanal. I think it would still would retain its playfulness while giving it even better snow feel for people like me.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Great comments @Josh Matta , especially. how this ski rails. it just locks in on a carved turn. I more stout version would very interesting but I wouldn't want to give up the feel of the VMT.

@AmyPJ there is a women's version coming out.

Last edited:

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
I was on my pair of VMT 92's last night for the first S.N.O.T.S. of the year. The conditions of our hill ranged from hard skied out boiler on top to some fairly soft stuff down below. I have to concur to much of what Ron has said. This ski really surprised and amazed me. It handled the changing conditions really well. In particular when we got into the more edgable snow, they really shined. They did surprisingly well on the really hard skied out stuff as well. Not quite as nice as Fischer Curv GT's would be on that stuff, but I am talking 1A to 1B.

Overall they are a damp smooth ride with a ton of hold. I whole heartedly recommend getting on a pair of VMT's. I think most people would really like these skis.

Reactions: Ron

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a few days on the VMT 92...but in the 186. There are a few in the mid 90mm range that I will ski this length, like the Nordica Enforcer 93 and DPS Cassiar 94, which I Cage Matched agaist the Liberty HERE but the 92, I prefer in the 179cm length. Even with their elongated tip design, the VMT's are not skis that you need size up in. I find that they ski very true to length. I plan on getting @DoryBreaux our 11/10th tester soon...or if anyone in the Tahoe region wants to get on them, let me know.

As soon as I can back on snow, I will be focusing on the VMT 82's in my desired 179's.
VInw6Rh0S1ytcQ49GS%ZeA.jpg
nzng6IN3RFaXfmb2wYnt3A.jpg
Jk+21QYaTmWqWAe36SDSJA.jpg
%vgS2dBTR6W2Yswup8XUAg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have a few days on the VMT 92...but in the 186. There are a few in the mid 90mm range that I will ski this length, like the Nordica Enforcer 93 and DPS Cassiar 94, which I Cage Matched agaist the Liberty HERE but the 92, I prefer in the 179cm length. Even with their elongated tip design, the VMT's are not skis that you need size up in. I find that they ski very true to length. I plan on getting @DoryBreaux our 11/10th tester soon...or if anyone in the Tahoe region wants to get on them, let me know.

As soon as I can back on snow, I will be focusing on the VMT 82's in my desired 179's.
View attachment 60420 View attachment 60421 View attachment 60423 View attachment 60424
That thing looks really cool. I'm excited.

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
Liberty was out at LL this past Thursday and we all got a good amount of time on the V92. Heluva even got some time on the 2020 proto. I think I had 4 or 5 runs in the afternoon cut-up, but Heluva really pushed it through it's paces. I think he'll have video up at some point.

I'll post a review soon... I have the video ready... just have to get the brain going to write it.

1- Did you like it?
2- was that the ski from the new line? (not sure I am allowed to put that in writing yet)

For 2, you'll have to wait and see!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I would compare the 76 or 82 more closely. I need to be careful ,but there really are a lot of similarities. The Liberty's are softer and a little less precise in the tip but they share an easy feel and a nice damp, glued to the snow ride. I need to jump back on the Lasers as I have spent the last 6 days on the Liberty's and I'm on the 92. I don't have immediate access to a 82 or 76 but It would be interesting to jump back onto one. I will say that I am so impressed with the bandwidth of performance in the 92, especially today when it was a zoom-zoom groomer day on hero snow, its so quick edge-to-edge. the 92 obviously, has more float in arid/broken so I am still saying if you want a single ski quiver for all but knee deep days, this could easily fit the bill.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The low 90mm category is becoming wildy contested and it seems that the majority of the skis are leaning/zigging towards an off piste bias. Liberty is zagging with the VMT92 with a on piste bias and IMHO this is smart and something that is being missed my most of the others. These ski like a wide 88mm ski verses trying to be a narrow 100mm ski. It gets back to what we always bring up in gear selection, get a ski for the conditions you actually ski, not the conditions you hope to ski. I am not talking 80/20 in these biases but more 75/25 or 80/20. With the shape of this ski, there is a level of versatility that many of the others don't have.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I am curious to see how @DoryBreaux fairs on the V92, for those who dont know, Dory is a freight train... In a good way of course. :)

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
i was concerned some one like Dory would over power it but, after 6 days on them, its surprisingly robust. I had them up to decent speed today on groomed with loose snow and they were rock stable but I only weigh 170