• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Killer deal for 299. So, as much as I love the v92 I don’t think this is the ski you are looking for. It’s much happier on its intended terrain, groomers and some off piste but I wouldn’t want as my dedicated pow stick or for heavy snow, especially piled skied off stuff.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sorry if this has been covered already but how is the V92 in New England hard pack. Looking for a mixed condition ski. This might be a contender to replace my Kenjas. Just doing some preliminary research.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
If anyone out there is looking for skis that shine with an NTN teley rig, the Evolves and VMT's should be on your radar.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Killer deal for 299. So, as much as I love the v92 I don’t think this is the ski you are looking for. It’s much happier on its intended terrain, groomers and some off piste but I wouldn’t want as my dedicated pow stick or for heavy snow, especially piled skied off stuff.
They have the long one (187?) for $199. Probably the V1.0 but for a bigger guy that's a screaming deal. I'm oh-so-tempted.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
They have the long one (187?) for $199. Probably the V1.0 but for a bigger guy that's a screaming deal. I'm oh-so-tempted.

186 and yes, V1, in 2020 (this season) they added a 3rd strip of VMT, there's not a huge difference. I think the 2020 version is a little better due to the added stiffness but for the price I would snap one up. they have the V76, V82 and V92.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
186 and yes, V1, in 2020 (this season) they added a 3rd strip of VMT, there's not a huge difference. I think the 2020 version is a little better due to the added stiffness but for the price I would snap one up. they have the V76, V82 and V92.
I'm considering it. Just the $199 186 is pretty long. $299 for the 76 or 82 might be looked at too. Hmmmmm...

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
The 179 is 299 but active junky is giving 12% back right now so that drops it down a bit.

SkiMcP

At the junction of 89 & 93
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Slightly off topic (tip deflection?) but does anyone have thoughts on the V76 v V82 as the narrow end of a three ski eastern quiver? primary skier would be 15 y.o., 5'10" 115 lbs advanced-intermediate to low level advanced skier (my son) with occasional use by a 48 y.o. 5'9" 165 lbs advanced/lower end expert skier (me)(hoping to take advantage of matching BSLs). Wide end of the quiver spoken for by much loved 173cm Bonafides if that adds anything. Use will focus on harder snow and moguls for the most part, but its eastern skiing - even the most groomer of days likely comes with a hint of bumps/woods/overall sketchiness, so a bit of versatility is a necessity. Also, size recommendations? both of us seem to lean toward the shorter end of recommended length ranges (but not at the expense of stability at speed)

James

Out There
Instructor
^ The V76 of those. Wherever it falls around 167-70. You provide the versatility.

Reactions: Ron

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Slightly off topic (tip deflection?) but does anyone have thoughts on the V76 v V82 as the narrow end of a three ski eastern quiver? primary skier would be 15 y.o., 5'10" 115 lbs advanced-intermediate to low level advanced skier (my son) with occasional use by a 48 y.o. 5'9" 165 lbs advanced/lower end expert skier (me)(hoping to take advantage of matching BSLs). Wide end of the quiver spoken for by much loved 173cm Bonafides if that adds anything. Use will focus on harder snow and moguls for the most part, but its eastern skiing - even the most groomer of days likely comes with a hint of bumps/woods/overall sketchiness, so a bit of versatility is a necessity. Also, size recommendations? both of us seem to lean toward the shorter end of recommended length ranges (but not at the expense of stability at speed)
I'm your size and probably similar skill. I have V76 @ 172cm. I really really really like them, but I do feel I can overpower the skis if I really want to. I ski pretty much exclusively at Belleayre in the Catskills. Given your son is 45# lighter, it might work well. 165cm might be too short for you, should work for your son tho. I want to add that V76 is surprisingly versatile, like "oh, i didn't think the skis can handle that" (ice, hardpack, mogul, deeper snow, slush, etc).

Last edited:
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Slightly off topic (tip deflection?) but does anyone have thoughts on the V76 v V82 as the narrow end of a three ski eastern quiver?

what would be the 3rd? just to complicate things, you could go with the 82 and just have 2 .... not that you would ever want fewer ski's :)

SkiMcP

At the junction of 89 & 93
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks to James for his confidence in my and my son's abilities;) and to GB_Ski for his size ideas. Ron, your suggestions was totally rational and the right thing to do, so I ignored it. (I am actually toying with the idea of building a 2 person, 6 ski quiver with 2 pair at each of the under 85, 85-95 and 95-105 ranges - with the idea that the same range skis share the space but bring a different perspective/personality/attitude to the task -i.e. serious v. poppy & fun - killing 2 birds with the V82 stone is the "right" thing to do but more skis...)

All that said, STP's deals were too good to pass up - 172 V76 on its way. Binding recommendations? Doesn't need to be GPW compatible.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Tyrolia Free Flex... choose the most appropriate DIN.

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
Look Pivot 14’s. I have them on a pair of V-92s.

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
6C7B50DE-22CF-4909-9B7B-BB0BFF79654F.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online