• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@KULKEA Looks like the Kayda is back in stock......are you doing the Goepper version again? Want to buy a couple of these....to solve some boot travel issues. Empty nest=Big trips in the next year(s).

Thank you always for the great product/customer service.
IIRC, there was another thread last season where some changes were discussed with regard to the Kayda. Looking at the website, it appears the alterations were in fact a new bag: the Kartta. What it is missing, however, and what made the Kayda such an incredible bag for me (I'll be adding buying at least one more this season for my wife, maybe another for my son) is the detatchable travel kit. That makes the Kayda one-bag travel ready. Interesting decision.

Reactions: BC.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@KULKEA Looks like the Kayda is back in stock......are you doing the Goepper version again? Want to buy a couple of these....to solve some boot travel issues. Empty nest=Big trips in the next year(s).

IIRC, there was another thread last season where some changes were discussed with regard to the Kayda. Looking at the website, it appears the alterations were in fact a new bag: the Kartta. What it is missing, however, and what made the Kayda such an incredible bag for me (I'll be adding buying at least one more this season for my wife, maybe another for my son) is the detatchable travel kit. That makes the Kayda one-bag travel ready. Interesting decision.
Funny, I traveled with my Käydä this past week and was organizing the silent auction for the Hall of Fame where they had the all new Kartta in the auction. Its a lighter weight cloth textured version without the electronic bag and 1 inch zip to expand zipper that the Käydä has. Otherwise it seems to have all the other features.

Reactions: BC.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny, I traveled with my Käydä this past week and was organizing the silent auction for the Hall of Fame where they had the all new Kartta in the auction. Its a lighter weight cloth textured version without the electronic bag and 1 inch zip to expand zipper that the Käydä has. Otherwise it seems to have all the other features.
I like the removal of the 1" extender -- I've never used that feature on mine -- and a lighter weight cloth sounds nice. After all, I don't check the bag, only carry it on, so it doesn't need to be bulletproof.

The travel kit, however, is awesome. With the kit I can I fit my boots, boot dryers, all my clothes, my laptop, a reader, all my toiletries, stick a helmet on the outside and the Käydä is the one and only bag I need. Then my ski bag only has skis and poles (+ avy gear when necessary) which is ideal. By now I'm kind of used to the airlines deciding that they don't want my skis to accompany me, but would rather have them catch up a day later!

I see on the Kartta there are two clips on the back. Can the travel kit be attached to it?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you guys know if @KULKEA is doing a SkiTalk discount code this year? Figured I’d ask before I throw down on a couple Kayda bags..

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor

The Käydä is back in stock. The Goepper version is no longer available as it was a limited edition.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
I like the removal of the 1" extender -- I've never used that feature on mine -- and a lighter weight cloth sounds nice. After all, I don't check the bag, only carry it on, so it doesn't need to be bulletproof.

The travel kit, however, is awesome. With the kit I can I fit my boots, boot dryers, all my clothes, my laptop, a reader, all my toiletries, stick a helmet on the outside and the Käydä is the one and only bag I need. Then my ski bag only has skis and poles (+ avy gear when necessary) which is ideal. By now I'm kind of used to the airlines deciding that they don't want my skis to accompany me, but would rather have them catch up a day later!

I see on the Kartta there are two clips on the back. Can the travel kit be attached to it?
The Kartta is very similar to the Käydä minus the travel kit and with some feature differences and using a recycled ripstop fabric. There aren't any clips on the back of the Kartta that could attach the Käydä Travel Kit. You may be noticing the feature for attaching the Kartta to a roller luggage bag.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor

I've yet to see them on sale ever. But....there's always hope!
We don't run in-season sales on current products. We prefer to make best in market products. Being a discount brand requires cutting somewhere, such as workmanship or materials. We also believe that being consistent with our pricing makes for a civilized consumer buying experience.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We don't run in-season sales on current products. We prefer to make best in market products. Being a discount brand requires cutting somewhere, such as workmanship or materials. We also believe that being consistent with our pricing makes for a civilized consumer buying experience.

Respect! Product first, rest will follow.

Now, what about that EU version of the Thermal Trekker? ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you guys know if @KULKEA is doing a SkiTalk discount code this year? Figured I’d ask before I throw down on a couple Kayda bags..
@Philpug just went on a quick trip to denver for a media event and used the Käydä. It worked well for him.
I will be using in when we travel to Boston for Snowbound in November.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Respect! Product first, rest will follow.

Now, what about that EU version of the Thermal Trekker? ;)
Thank you! That's exactly our view. We're not there yet on the EU version yet though. We've not entered the European market. As a small company, we're being careful not to spread ourselves too thin. Being very methodical in our growth.

Last edited:

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
We actually now have two travel backpacks; Käydä and Kartta. Both great bags, but we listened to those saying they'd love a Käydä, but at a lower price point and with not with as many features. So, we created the Kartta to give people options. The detachable Travel Kit is only available only on the Käydä. The Kartta main bag is actually slightly larger than that on the Käydä to meet the needs of those with larger boots, although both bags are very roomy bags given their designs and can fit up to a Mondo 31. As an avid traveler, I use the Käydä as my all around travel backpack and love the Travel Kit option. However, some may not need a Travel Kit. Hope this helps.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
@Philpug just went on a quick trip to denver for a media event and used the Käydä. It worked well for him.
I will be using in when we travel to Boston for Snowbound in November.
That's one of the great things about the Käydä. It's designed by skiers for ski travel on planes, trains and automobiles, but it's designed also to be a year round travel bag. It works perfectly for trips to the hill, business trips, beach getaways and wherever else you're going.

Reactions: BMC

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's one of the great things about the Käydä. It's designed by skiers for ski travel on planes, trains and automobiles, but it's designed also to be a year round travel bag. It works perfectly for trips to the hill, business trips, beach getaways and wherever else you're going.
I've actually packed it inside my larger roller bag a few times when we traveled by air.
Example, when we traveled to Alaska for a two week trip I knew I needed a variety of clothing to cover the changing temperatures and variety of activities, but I also knew that Phil and I would be taking a few random overnights where we didn't want to haul our larger luggage, so we'd pack the Käydä for those short jaunts leaving the larger luggage back at home base.
This really is an ideal bag for a variety of uses.

Another time, we went to Waterville Valley for a ski demo. I packed my thermal trekker in my larger luggage, and carried my boots in the Käydä on the plane, because it fits in the overhead a bit easier than my thermal trekker.
Best of both worlds.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I got myself a Kulkea heated boot bag just recently. I primarily will use it when I go work on a house/project for a couple of hours before I head up to ski and this will keep my boots from freezing solid sitting in my work truck at whatever outside temps are(plenty of those days behind me). Just in case anyone else is in this situation or maybe it would benefit someone in a totally different situation: Milwaukee tools makes a 120v power converter that runs off one of their m18 batteries. Ive got a dozen or so of these batteries in my truck, so it's super convenient for me. Anyways I tried it tonight running the boot bag on medium heat. A 5.0 battery lasted just about 1 hour on medium. Overall this bag is amazing quality, I feel bad about tossing it into my work truck where it will inevitably get saw dust, paint, caulk and who knows what else on it.

IMG_7641.jpeg

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I received my Kulkea heated bag a week ago and it is far superior to my other, older heated bag which was on its last legs. I love that each boot is in its own compartment, away from my other gear. I was far more organized with this bag, and the weight distribution is great, making it far easier to pick up via the grab handle and put in the back of my vehicle, or, to wear backpack-style. I think this bag may outlast me! Thanks, @KULKEA!

Sponsor

Staff online