• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swiss-RC4

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks for the advice. Will talk about that with my bootfitter next week also regarding the method of punching. I've seen some that use a forefoot last that can be expand inside the shell and some that use this round punching tool.

I guess the method with the Fischer partial zone heatpads won't help much?

vacuum-zone-fit-forming-process.jpg

Last edited:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I think that’s exactly what the heat pads are for. Might as well try.

Swiss-RC4

Skier
I can't imagine my 5th metatarsal/pinky toe will push enough against the shell to expand enough with these heat pads.There will be need of a punch with the right tools, heat, time and cooling.

I will let you know about it.

Swiss-RC4

Skier
Today I could spontaneously go to my Bootfitter, who already made the insoles for me last season. He heated up the shell with the hot air gun at the too narrow place and afterwards I put on the boots. So the shell was very soft at this point and stretched really fast. I left the boots on my foot for about 15min and then I could take them off again. Following a photo where you can see the bump well.

IMG_20191224_115650.jpg
Unfortunately the quality of the right liner is not good. At one point the seam is already torn. I will complain about this at the beginning of January and ask for a replacement. The bootfitter told me, that he had several liners from Fischer with a similar failure…

IMG_20191224_113225.jpg

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Yep, that sure did bump out. Good luck with the liner, that seems like a no-brainer replacement.

Swiss-RC4

Skier
First day on the slopes with the Fischer RC4 Podium 140 completed. My heels don't really like the thin liners with the mold of the shell. Felt some pain after few hours and after putting them off I could already see some spurs on my heels. I also noticed that heel hold wasn't that good during skiing. Im my other boots Salomon S Max 120 I dont have this issue (thicker liner and wider heel pocket in the shell.

Maybe some grinding on the Fischer shell could help... But overall I am not yet very happy with the boots.

Endodude

Booting up
Skier
First day on the slopes with the Fischer RC4 Podium 140 completed. My heels don't really like the thin liners with the mold of the shell. Felt some pain after few hours and after putting them off I could already see some spurs on my heels. I also noticed that heel hold wasn't that good during skiing. Im my other boots Salomon S Max 120 I dont have this issue (thicker liner and wider heel pocket in the shell.

Maybe some grinding on the Fischer shell could help... But overall I am not yet very happy with the boots.
How did you get on with these? I just purchased the RC4 110 curv. Have just used them this afternoon and returning for vacuum fitting end of day tomorrow. Heels are a little tight and numb so lets see how that goes.

Sponsor

Staff online