• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If he can squeeze into a 295BSL he is more than welcome to. These are mounted with Look Pivot 15's which have minimal travel.
Oh, no demo bindings! Well, his 315s probably won't squeeze down that far. He'll just have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh, no demo bindings! Well, his 315s probably won't squeeze down that far. He'll just have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.
Pivot 15...demo binding... :huh: Pivot 15...demo binding... :huh:Pivot 15...demo binding... :huh:Pivot 15...demo binding... :huh: It was an easy choice.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

I think Mr. Thornley will find the Sender Ti exhilarating. I know I did. It’s a skier’s ski, as Phil has stated. Mr. Thornley is a skier.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
How about a quick comparison to the Mindbender 108ti and Enforcer 104/110?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about a quick comparison to the Mindbender 108ti and Enforcer 104/110?
The Sender Ti will be the subject of more than one Cagematch in the fall. My quick comoarision between these two and the Sender Ti is that the Rossi is stronger and skis longer...not as strong as say a Mantra 102 though. Where most of these skis I will ski in a 183-186, I have yet to find the 180 lacking...where if I tried to ski a 180 Soul 7, I would be fighting for control.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think Mr. Thornley will find the Sender Ti exhilarating. I know I did. It’s a skier’s ski, as Phil has stated. Mr. Thornley is a skier.
Yes, he likes a strong ski for sure. I shall see if we can shrink his feet for a day! :roflmao: Or, he'll have to get out on them on Monday. Not sure what kind of crappy, manky snow we'll have off piste after this recent storm even but I have a feeling it will be true crud testing snow.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, he likes a strong ski for sure. I shall see if we can shrink his feet for a day! :roflmao: Or, he'll have to get out on them on Monday. Not sure what kind of crappy, manky snow we'll have off piste after this recent storm even but I have a feeling it will be true crud testing snow.
There are a few skis I would like to get him on.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There are a few skis I would like to get him on.
I'm sure that won't be a problem. The problem is keeping him moving once he gets to the tents, and not visiting with his old friends he sees once per year :ogbiggrin:

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
View attachment 92927
Deer Valley was not that Utah light powder that we would have hoped but...the Sender Ti was indeed the weapon of choice for the day. The heavy Tahoe-esque cement didn't phase the new Rossi one bit.

The bottoms of those skis work beautifully with your outfit! (Attachment 92927)
Did this have anything to do with your favorable review? ;)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied the Sender Ti on the first day of The Jackson Hole Gathering just after we received 8-10" of new snow, conditions that the new Rossi should excel in and sure as Santa's beard is white the Sender Ti delivered. Conditions were fresh over firm and some of those firm areas were bumped up but you could not tell where the moguls were because the snow on top looked smooth but firm bumps underneath. These are conditions that could throw skiers..and skis for a loop, but not the Sender Ti. The Sender Ti held it's course in these adverse conditions and make the snow under the snow ski as smooth as it looked from the top. What a fun ski Rossi has produced with the new ski, right on the money especially if you are lookinf for a ski that wants to but doesn't need to charge.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I skied the Sender Ti on the first day of The Jackson Hole Gathering just after we received 8-10" of new snow, conditions that the new Rossi should excel in and sure as Santa's beard is white the Sender Ti delivered. Conditions were fresh over firm and some of those firm areas were bumped up but you could not tell where the moguls were because the snow on top looked smooth but firm bumps underneath. These are conditions that could throw skiers..and skis for a loop, but not the Sender Ti. The Sender Ti held it's course in these adverse conditions and make the snow under the snow ski as smooth as it looked from the top. What a fun ski Rossi has produced with the new ski, right on the money especially if you are lookinf for a ski that wants to but doesn't need to charge.

Well that's as good a reason as any to try these. My Motives tried to kill me that morning when I skied into Saratoga Bowl.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I demoed the Sender Ti yesterday on firm groomed with skiable chicken heads off piste. I was never a fan of the Soul 7 or the Soul 7 HP. This ski fixed everything that they were not. It was on par with the K2 MB 108 and the Nordy 104.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Phil do you have any idea why Rossi only went to 178 with the non metal version ?
On paper you would think no metal means softer and somewhat easier ,,why wouldn’t you want a 185 or so in that ski?
I would be really interested in how the front end of that 178 would feel at Mammoth after a foot or so.
Thanks.

Sponsor

Staff online