• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
the souls in tighter trees are great, they have an incredibly light and easy swing weight that make them just plain fun. They are very lively which is what works against them once it gets heavy/firm. They quickly lose that fun aspect once deeper snow gets cutup. If you stay on top and drive them in the chop, they are predictable and consistent in that you know they are going to be a bit "bumpy" but you at least know how they are going to perform. They just require more attention.

This sounds like how I feel about my Sick Day 110s - have you skied both to compare?

James

Out There
Instructor
OK, who called it? Who called it? Just got a call from Ski Essentials they didn't have the 177. They have the 185. So no-go no-mo Nordicas, but I STILL HAVE THE SOUL 7 WET NOODLES ON THE WAY!! WOOT! No quiver to put them in.
Well if you still want them call ski shops in Vt or NE. I'm sur you could find one. At that price? Maybe. Or order it flat and get a deal on binding.
Or... Just get the 185. You could probably trade with someone who wants to go the other way.
It does ski short. First ski I've tried in ages that actually had me wanting to try a 193.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks James, as it's 43 degrees and raining Biblically hard where I ski, I really need something which will plane across water - at least till all the snow is gone. The main thing is to chose if I want to slalom ski or go with 2. Something like this guy has.

twiggy_water_skiing.jpg

Current Conditions
Tuesday December 8 at 12:20 PM
44°

Opps, it just ticked up another degree.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Field test update: skied the enforcers today in a solid 8" of fresh. Primary skiing was untracked and then cut-up, off-piste variable terrain. More than adequate float, smooth and easy, skiing cutup at good speed, the enforcers are just so damn stable, I really appreciate the ease of transitions in the chopped and ability to work the ski. Skiing off piste variable was also very good, the tips flex enough to absorb in bumped out snow very well. The tapered tips allow easy drifting when needed. The 185 ski's short folks. I would not want this any shorter. Bigger people need to consider upsizing.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Paging @SteveH to the white courtesy phone for your review.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After 3 hard days on these skis I've noticed some serious gouges on the tails that might have been light scratches if the texture wasn't there. That is my only complaint about them and that is pretty weak I guess.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
After 3 hard days on these skis I've noticed some serious gouges on the tails that might have been light scratches if the texture wasn't there. That is my only complaint about them and that is pretty weak I guess.

why or how are you getting scratches on the tails? I am assuming you are referring to the tops and not the bases?

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
why or how are you getting scratches on the tails? I am assuming you are referring to the tops and not the bases?

I was doing some pretty rowdy skiing so I am not sure how it happened. Jumps maybe? Yes, tops. Bases have held up pretty well actually.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think I will complain to Nordica and demand another set or two.
IMG_2745.JPG

James

Out There
Instructor
You should take a 2in diam sanding drum chucked in a drill and sand off the top edge at an angle. Or the equivalent. Tip and tail. You could do it with a file but it takes forever.
This will help prevent chips. You'll have to keep touching it up too.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have little "skin tags" on the topsheet of my Santa Anas. I suspect it has to do with me dragging them around on the rocks around St Mary's. Er. Not literally dragging. But maybe while dropping my pack with the skis still strapped on, that sort of thing.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Skied the enforcers today in 16" to 36" (no exaggeration) and was totally impressed. Really didn't think they would give me the float I was looking for but they did. Even buried, they really impressed. Here's an arty-fartsy pic of the Enforcers in action

enforcer feet.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Skied the enforcers today in 16" to 36" and was totally impressed (no exaggeration). Really didn't think they would give me the float I was looking for but they did. Even buried, they really impressed (no exaggeration). Here's an arty-artsy (no exaggeration) pic of the Enforcers in action

View attachment 1473
FIFY. :0

Reactions: Ron

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied the enforcers today in 16" to 36" (no exaggeration) and was totally impressed. Really didn't think they would give me the float I was looking for but they did. Even buried, they really impressed. Here's an arty-fartsy pic of the Enforcers in action

View attachment 1473

That's making them sound like my mext ski.

James

Out There
Instructor

This is the cork coming out of the Steamboat Champagne?
b) Dude, skis do not match pants. Calling @Tricia
enforcer-feet-jpg.1473

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I'll add my $0.02 from last Spring - again, I moved my mount back and then we were "friends". Just thought the tail was too long in the manky snow and wanted to stay locked into a turn.

Pros: Stability, quick edge to edge, grip, fun
Cons: the base p-tex seems soft, mount point on 185 seems forward for me (I'm back now -1.5)

Length Tested: 185
Dimensions/Turn Radius: 133-100-121 and 18.5tr
Camber: Early Rise Tip & Tail w/camber
Binding: FKS 14
Mount point: boot center first and now back -1.5
Environment & Conditions:
Location of Test: Ajax and Snowmass
Number of Runs: 2 days
Snow Conditions: Full on Spring
Demo or Own: Own
Tester Info:
Age: Old enough that I have to fib on the binding din sheet
Height/Weight: 6'2' and 183
Ski Days/Season: 25-30
Preferred Terrain groomers,off-piste, I'm a 50/50 person

Always liked the Nordica Enforcer, Girish too. In a dreamworld would have had the Enforcer w/ a Bonafide tail. Wide flat was great on groomers but was a little troublesome, for me, sometimes off-piste.

Bought a pair of the new ones based on reviews, mounted them up and headed to ASE. Skied first at Ajax and then Snowmass (was staying in town). Let me first say that I have been skiing the Cochise mostly all season with a handful of days on the Double Helix - so that is my frame of reference.
These are noticeably lighter than the Cochise or old Enforcer for that matter.

Softer too - but nice medium flex

Mount point is more "centered"

Very smooth and quick edge to edge, short radius slalom and long radius GS turns are no problem and ski does what you tell it. Figured with the mount point and kind of "new school" shape, you would want to ski this thing more "centered" - and you can, but it doesn't really exhibit any "old Enforcer" tendencies until you get into the cuff on the boot and bend the ski a bit, and then it gets FUN.

It does have a kind of weird 2 personality thing going though - it "skis short" if you don't pressure those cuffs ie. a heel pusher - however, once you start driving it - in seemingly gets "longer" and skis its length.

Spent the first part of the AM lapping some groomers waiting for the reef to thaw. Then just kind of went where ever. I did find that I needed to detune the tips back to the contact point - they were a little grabby for me in the bumps. I should have maybe done the tails too. I noticed that these were "different" than my Cochise skis in the off-piste. just a bit more precise and I am guessing this has to do with the tune on them. Let me explain, I can dive into almost anything on those Blizzards and break them loose, if needed, like anywhere. They are really "pivoty" too. The Enforcers wanted to lock into a turn off-piste and sometimes it was hard to break it loose and pivot the other direction. This could also have to do with the conditions, grippy, manky slush. I think also, for me, it has to do with the amount of tail behind the binding - these are mounted more forward than my more traditional Cochise and "old" Enforcers (v2.0 in the center - all 3 are 185's) - I kept getting hung up and it was "different" behind the boot.

Didn't really get to test its crud busting ability (originals sweet spot), but it will slay some slush. :)

Pros:
Overall just fun
Nice, fairly damp, metal laminate ski
Better for skiers that like to drive their boot cuffs
Easy to lay over and engage the length of ski in the turn
Never wished for anything longer - very stable going fast.
Quick - man, this thing will turn
I thought it was pretty light for a ski with 2 sheets of metal (unscientific "how heavy to they feel dangling on the lift" method)

Cons:
Seems like Nordica might have used the "old" Blizzard soft p-tex - some really bad gouges on 2 days of skiing
Tail just seems..well...long. There, I said it, at the recommended line
For me - id rather ski 1,000 vertical ft of bumps on my Cochise than the Enforcers v2.0 - again, could have been the out of the wrapper tune - might just need to ski better, might just need less manky snow.

Updated Post Binding Remount

WOW! What a difference 15mm makes.
Moved the mount back 15mm - just felt like too much tail and too little ski in front of the binding. Well, for me, that was the deal. Skis came alive and really enjoyed the day @ Vail. Groomers, off piste and even bumps - Muy Bueno.

Still not as damp as original Enforcers or Cochise. But no problem blasting heavy afternoon Jade Glade, Dragons and Gengis. Lot of snow feel through the skis.

Well done Nordica.

Vail Closing Weekend + Breck Snow Day

Skied these again yesterday @ Breck. For,some reason I made a last minute change and brought these instead of Liberty DH's. Well.... To be honest, these were pretty darn good in the 12" or so (seemed like more in some places). Good float, tips didn't stuff or dive. They were manageable in the beat down crud back to chairs - not as unflappable as say a Cochise or even the old Enfocer, but a very wide window of serviceablity

Pretty light too for metal laminate ski. They are $ though, seriously..

Conclusion

The Enforcer v2.0 is the ski that whispers in your ear "come ski me, I promise it's going to be fun and nobody will get hurt

GregMerz

Booting up
Skier
Simple review. Demo'd them day before yesterday. Very impressed. Bought them.

I should expand on this. I spent all day today in airports and airplanes and once home, I merely want to communicate with my liquor cabinet.

The underlying concept that impressed me most about this ski is that "it delivers but does not demand." For someone like me who's skill is well developed in the groomed conditions of the East and Midwest but less developed in western conditions, this ski is there for me in most all situations. If I'm in something I'm unfamiliar with, it works with me. If I find myself in conditions where I can push it, it's got everything I need. It's supportive if you're out of your element or having an off day and it's got the horsepower you want if you're "on" and want to push your envelope.

Last edited: