• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Review: 2016 Nordica Enforcer 100

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmm I don't know, I think a Kastle fx85 or stockli 88 would round out your quiver

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Hmmm I don't know, I think a Kastle fx85 or stockli 88 would round out your quiver

Thanks for that advice Ron. The skis I had out yesterday (Salomon Teneighty CR) are a pretty good groomer ski. I don't know how they would compare. They are getting a bit long in the tooth however. Like me. In fact, needed the rest day as walking is painful today. No way I could have back to backed the days. Maybe later in the year once I get some mileage in and on new skis.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
OK, who called it? Who called it? Just got a call from Ski Essentials they didn't have the 177. They have the 185. So no-go no-mo Nordicas, but I STILL HAVE THE SOUL 7 WET NOODLES ON THE WAY!! WOOT! No quiver to put them in.

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Speaking of "on the way."
12-7-2015 9-26-19 AM.jpg

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Congrats! N Colo? I use to live in Paonia. Left in 1966. My mom still owns like 7 or 8 funeral plots there.

After Skiessential gave me the option of the 185's or cancelling the 170whatevers, I cancelled and spun around and have the Stockli 95s in coming from Dawgcatching. Or at least I believe thats gonna happen. The Soul 7s just came in the door too about 10 min ago. Good stuff. Now outside it's doing R word as if they are replaying the Noahs Ark story up on the mountain and we're seeing local flooding here and there. Record R they say. First day of Hannuka it started up. Hopefully it doesn't go like this the full 8 days, and it gets cold again soon so we see fluff not Rstuff.
:snow:

Might have to break down and buy a quiver after all......

Wish it wasn't raining................

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
``My mom still owns like 7 or 8 funeral plots there.''
:eek: Non sequitur of the day!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats! N Colo? I use to live in Paonia. Left in 1966. My mom still owns like 7 or 8 funeral plots there.

After Skiessential gave me the option of the 185's or cancelling the 170whatevers, I cancelled and spun around and have the Stockli 95s in coming from Dawgcatching. Or at least I believe thats gonna happen. The Soul 7s just came in the door too about 10 min ago. Good stuff. Now outside it's doing R word as if they are replaying the Noahs Ark story up on the mountain and we're seeing local flooding here and there. Record R they say. First day of Hannuka it started up. Hopefully it doesn't go like this the full 8 days, and it gets cold again soon so we see fluff not Rstuff.
:snow:

Might have to break down and buy a quiver after all......

Wish it wasn't raining................
I wouldn't let the Soul 7's make contact with the SR 95's. Matter – anti-matter. Could be the end of our universe as we know it.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's heavy!

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I'd be shocked if those soul 7s ever see snow once you get the SR95s. It is better in every condition jmho

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
I'd be shocked if those soul 7s ever see snow once you get the SR95s. It is better in every condition jmho
We'll see.

If it goes bad, I'll plant them Soul 7s in a Paonia funeral plot. btw, in case none of you Colo./ folks is aware, Paonia is what occurs when inbred mountain folks try and spel Peony (flower), just mispelled is all. Even as a 5th grader when I first heard that story, I was pretty shocked that they missed it so far. Not tryin' to offend anyone I'm probably related to. (ie, about all the folks in that valley: Clarks, Sandifers, Hammonds etc). Bless modern public edumacation and long growing seasons.

ps, Lorenzo, great advice on the anti matter thing. I hadn't considered it. Should be fine as long as we don't cross the streams don't ya think?

streams_artimg.jpg

Checked the temp today on the mountain: 43 degrees and record rainfall. 3.23" in Portland. (insert sad face emoji here) If it says warm I'll head to the coast, pick up some crabs and work the tan this weekend. For the most part, in the Pacific Northwest, Crabs, for you Colo folks, are not down there. PHULESE!

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I too have the Soul 7 in 188 cm, and they are a lot of fun.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have never been spoiled by the Kastle or Stockli offerings.
But that too could change, which may prove costly.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I've noticed a lot of instructors, and some skiers whose ability I'll never approach (Venn diagram overlapping), skiing Soul 7s. They can't be all bad.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
the soul 7 isnt a wet noodle; its been said many times, its a blast in soft snow but just doesn't hold up in heavier or setup snow, on the feet of lighter skiers or those who dont ski with a ton of energy, (that's not a knock at all) the soul is a great choice. I skied it on one of my deepest days (knee to mid-thigh) and had a ton of fun on it. I would love to see that ski get a new length and a bit more stability; you could call it a soul 8.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have never been spoiled by the Kastle or Stockli offerings.

this is a true statement.... I would throw in a Salomon Qlab or the Q105 for that matter. The Q105 is almost as much fun but holds up better. It lacks the groomer performance of the Soul7 but you shouldn't be buying a 106mm ski for groomers.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just skied my Enforcers at Kirkwood yesterday and the conditions felt like late spring heavy mank and I am not sure there would have been another ski I would have rather been on other than one that had better way. I rally like the way that these just go over and through everything. Rarely does a ski with this much performance have offer such versatility and ease.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
the soul 7 isnt a wet noodle; its been said many times, its a blast in soft snow but just doesn't hold up in heavier or setup snow, on the feet of lighter skiers or those who dont ski with a ton of energy, (that's not a knock at all) the soul is a great choice. I skied it on one of my deepest days (knee to mid-thigh) and had a ton of fun on it. I would love to see that ski get a new length and a bit more stability; you could call it a soul 8.
Something longer than 188?

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I've noticed a lot of instructors, and some skiers whose ability I'll never approach (Venn diagram overlapping), skiing Soul 7s. They can't be all bad.

Tastes differ but my experience on the Soul 7 across 6 f ull demo days in a variety of conditions was meh? They were fun in deep snow but what ski isn't. They weren't real fun anywhere else but were acceptable in most other places except hardpack. So back to deep snow, were they more fun than other options and again the answer is no. The Salomon Rocker 2 100 was much much more fun imo. My old Blizzard the Ones were more fun in deep snow(that at least may be due to familiarity). The Soul 7 is a perfectly acceptable ski. That's it. I was expecting a lot more. Why? I guess it was because I see them recommended quite often and I see them all over the mountain on the feet of skiers of all abilities so I was expecting them to really shine at deep snow or at least be a great all around soft snow biased ski but .........

Carry on

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
the souls in tighter trees are great, they have an incredibly light and easy swing weight that make them just plain fun. They are very lively which is what works against them once it gets heavy/firm. They quickly lose that fun aspect once deeper snow gets cutup. If you stay on top and drive them in the chop, they are predictable and consistent in that you know they are going to be a bit "bumpy" but you at least know how they are going to perform. They just require more attention.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid