• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lodging Mt. Hood Meadows ?

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When we went there a while back we stayed in Hood River. There are lots of good eats and drinks there and good options for lodging. Hood River is about 35 miles from MHM.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Government Camp is closer (11 miles) and has lodging. Everything was empty when I was there on Thursday/Friday. There is no snow. Meadows has lifts open that put you on the top of runs without adequate snow. If it were me, I'd wait a bit longer for more snow, especially if you have to spring for lodging.....

Last edited:

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cooper Spur Resort is owned by Meadows, so it's the only lodging spot with lift ticket discounts. It's got a restaurant on-site, but otherwise it's a bit of a drive from anything, and like 20-25 minutes to Meadows itself. Hood River is a small city with lots of options--I recommend hitting the Full Sail Brewpub. Government Camp is closer and more tourist-focused, but you can still find decent deals. Skibowl's right there, providing a nice night-skiing option if you want it, as well as fantastic nachos, but there are other restaurants too. And there's a lot of less expensive VRBO and Airbnb spots further west, around Rhododendron, Welches, and Mt. Hood Village if you want to drive a bit farther. An assortment of restaurants out that way, too.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January