• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Local Ski Team Programs during Covid: what’s your mountain doing?

pj415

Booting up
Skier
Any announcements on what your local mountain plans to do with their ski team programs? All this discussion of limiting general public access by lottery, even-odd days, pass holder versus day pass, locals versus tourists, etc. makes me wonder how ski teams fit into the equation.

Our local mountain has 700+ ski team kids registered and about half of them show up every weekend. Not sure how that’s going to work, but I’d imagine teams would get a lower priority as I’m not sure how much of a revenue source they are compared to a general guest.

Insight from anyone in the know??

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Most teams are still formulating their approaches to 2020-21 due to the fact that their home resorts still haven't provided any concrete directions or plans.

Ski academies are a bit more locked into a plan for this season, but even then many are at the mercy of the resorts where they train.

As the head coach of a resort-based team, I can't say anything right now about our plans for the season other than they are evolving by the week as more information becomes available from various necessary players in the game. I wish I could provide guidance right now, but I can't. ‍

TS
pj415

pj415

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for your response and efforts. Seems like uncertainty is the only certainty!

Sponsor

Staff online