• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Living In and Around Denver..Questions..

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Live in the foothills outside of Denver.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So I guess my question is how much dough do you need to live well in Denver? What's a decent household income? Would you live downtown and drive 30 mins or outside and drive, I dunno, over an hour? The commute seems kinda brutal in Denver from the limited time I've spent there. And just how bad is the I70 commute to the hills?

Thanks all!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Also..professional people..do you REALLY only get 2 weeks of holiday a year???[/QUOTE said:
Welcome to America... home of the "reset your vacation back to minimum" when you change jobs. Assuming by holiday you mean vacation. Though there are some more enlightened employers that have upped that minimum or will even negotiate.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Oof, my experience won't help you much. I am retired and ski on weekdays. And what is this "first chair" people speak of? I've been falling in behind the rush hour traffic on 470 but with warmer temps of Spring, figure I'll have to cuss my way to I-70 from here on out.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I can’t help much either. I travel at odd times (I-70 is a snap at 11 am or 11 pm on a Monday) and only ski weekdays.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
So I guess my question is how much dough do you need to live well in Denver? What's a decent household income? Would you live downtown and drive 30 mins or outside and drive, I dunno, over an hour? The commute seems kinda brutal in Denver from the limited time I've spent there. And just how bad is the I70 commute to the hills?

Thanks all!

Depends on a lot of factors.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure how to pm on this site, but happy to answer any questions. I live in the foothills west of Denver, but work in Denver (30 min commute in non-rush hour), and embrace I-70 to ski every weekend, and some weekdays. Can speak to commute, necessary income and your other questions, by pm.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also..professional people..do you REALLY only get 2 weeks of holiday a year???

Depends on your level. 6-8 weeks plus is not unusual for higher levels. If you’re going into an executive level job it’s negotiable for sure and in many cases even for a manger level position.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a question, why Denver?

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Most employers will give more $ before they give more vacation. Almost all actually.

Other people that work there will never know what you make, but they'll know pretty quick if you got a ton of vacation when starting. That usually leads to them bitching about their lack of vacation and a general negative environment.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Opportunity knocks...

Well I live in Littleton (SW Denver about 12 miles from Downtown) and dont even work in Colorado yet, go figure. :huh: PM for more info :D

Sponsor

Staff online