• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Live 2019 Forester reveal

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This. Subaru caters to outdoor enthusiasts....they gave away Nordica Enforcers at their Subaru events at ski areas this year...so a center pass through seems an easy and obvious feature to include.
Interesting...things that make me go...hmmmmm. :nono:

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
I heard the engine bay on crosstrek/impreza is too small for FA20DIT, not sure how true it is.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Will this model feature the blown head gasket at 90,000 miles as Subaru owners have come to expect?

Don't be so rough, it's more like 100 to 120k :)

What about the massive oil consumption?
The serpentine belt and pulleys every 35k?
The OEM batteries that die in under two years?
The easysieze brake calipers?

But at least they have Love

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier

Better check the oil in the old Forester... Yup, there's none in there again..

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

...and then some -

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
...and then some -

If the ability to make a good tire choice and going mudding had any relation to quality and reliability, I may be impressed. However they are not really connected and my Subaru still burns oil faster that Saddam Hussian's exit from Iraq.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anyone get one of these ('19 Forester)? I'm thinking of getting one. Might be boring but has some nice improvements over the previous model. Goes against the grain slightly to buy the first year of a new model, but ya gotta live on the edge sometimes.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
I went to the dealer to take a quick look, the front seats are much more improved, the bolsters actually work, rear seat leg room seems to have been improved as well. Seems quite nice. Cargo area width is super wide, and they finally moved the cargo light back to headliner.

Still no 40/20/40 folding seats, disappointing for a company that's so popular with skiers.

Also salesguy told me there are rumors that XT will be reintroduced to JDM market first before making way elsewhere. 300HP 2.4T with front/rear Torsen diff anyone? :D

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I went to the dealer to take a quick look, the front seats are much more improved, the bolsters actually work, rear seat leg room seems to have been improved as well. Seems quite nice. Cargo area width is super wide, and they finally moved the cargo light back to headliner.

Still no 40/20/40 folding seats, disappointing for a company that's so popular with skiers.

Also salesguy told me there are rumors that XT will be reintroduced to JDM market first before making way elsewhere. 300HP 2.4T with front/rear Torsen diff anyone? :D

That may well be what the JDM gets but I wouldn't get your hopes up it will be coming here dressed like that! Historically the JDM market got more goodies than we ever got.

Sponsor

Staff online

• jimmy
    Mixmaster
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid