• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Live 2019 Forester reveal

TS
Snowfan

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Maybe it will show up later with the Ascent engine.

It looks like the current Forester to me. I never heard of building a new model on a new platform and making it look like the old one.
1.GIF

3.GIF

TS
Snowfan

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Ultraconservative so as to not upset 9 years of consecutive monthly sales increases. Beancounters dream.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Subaru has never been known for big changes in styling. It's always been an evolution. The changes are usually more evident when driving. Getting rid of the XT is a mistake, IMO, but I'm sure fuel economy/emissions standards had much to do with it with reliability ratings also being a factor. I really wish Subaru could figure out how to bring their diesel engines to NA but that would probably hurt reliability as well.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No XT? No stick? Yawn.

But that's just for me. They'll sell the crap out them, and they will be FANTASTIC appliances.

I'm still waiting (stupidly, I know) for the return of a WRX hatchback or small wagon.

TS
Snowfan

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
No XT? No stick? Yawn.

But that's just for me. They'll sell the crap out them, and they will be FANTASTIC appliances.

I'm still waiting (stupidly, I know) for the return of a WRX hatchback or small wagon.

Rumor has it that the WRX will be built on the new platform early next year as a 2020. Hatchback and Sedan.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rumor has it that the WRX will be built on the new platform early next year as a 2020. Hatchback and Sedan.

No teasing! Seriously!

Any chance that it will not be a hybrid? I've read a few rumors along those lines.

TS
Snowfan

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
No teasing! Seriously!

Any chance that it will not be a hybrid? I've read a few rumors along those lines.

I forget where I saw the hatchback quote but do recall it seemed solid-ish. I would guess that if they do have a hybrid version, it would be optional.

Hybrid mentioned here https://www.torquenews.com/1084/next-generation-2020-subaru-wrxsti-radical-changes-are-coming
and here https://www.motor1.com/news/132152/new-subaru-wrx-2020/

https://portiaplante.com/2020-subaru-wrx/

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
No teasing! Seriously!

Hybrid and WRX/STI do NOT go together! :nono: :doh: :eek:

Great news if true about the hatch! Will it be a 2.0 or 2.5 and will the STI version be competitive with the Ford Focus RS?! (2.3, 350hp/350lb/ft)

Last edited:

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
What surprised me was the back seat is still only 60/40, after everybody else has gone to 40/20/40, or at least a center passthrough. It's going to be a must have feature on my next car.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What surprised me was the back seat is still only 60/40, after everybody else has gone to 40/20/40, or at least a center passthrough. It's going to be a must have feature on my next car.

This. Subaru caters to outdoor enthusiasts....they gave away Nordica Enforcers at their Subaru events at ski areas this year...so a center pass through seems an easy and obvious feature to include.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could get into a hybrid. It sounds as if it would be a option, not standard.

WAG here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the WRX without any hybrid, and the STi version to use hybrid to raise the power (especially low-rpm torque).

Sponsor

Staff online