• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Little Cottonwood Canyon 2018-2019, Reports, Pics, and Banter

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With an arrival time of 6:30 I had a different experience, lol. Parked three slots from the booth at the pond lot, booted and joined the line by 6:40. I was about ten people back from the front at that point with Travis and Dylan ahead of me third and fourth back. They let us in the building at 7:00 and we then took a jaunt outside to talk to the squirrels. They lifted us off at 7:40 or so, I’m pretty sure they knew what was coming.

We chilled out up top for a bit, we’d been notified there was no continuous snow down to Little Cloud, laps would involve a short or long walk depending on where you went. Travis and Dylan were interviewed by KUTV 2News while we waited but I think the footage hit the cutting room floor.

We took one run and called it a season. Travis and Dylan took off early, I actually spent money and bought a t-shirt as well as a beer. Other than my pass and parking pass they didn’t get much cash from me this season.

I’d quit counting after I got the 50 day pin, but my host buddy told me he’d looked up my stats and with the 4th I hit 60 days at Snowbird which would put me at 66 total. Not my most days ever but I’d bet this season ranked right up there with the most number of powder days.

Morning line at 6:40

View attachment 77044

Tram coming in at 7:08

View attachment 77045

Fourth of July and the trams had the flags flying

View attachment 77046

Lotta flesh and summertime attire

View attachment 77047

Mark Malu and Regulator were most folks choices

View attachment 77048

Little Cloud line just starting to grow about 10:30

View attachment 77049

Chilled in the pond lot for a bit

View attachment 77050

Drove up to Alta to meet up with friends that waited out Snowbird’s ski patrol leaving, they were pretty strict on not letting anyone go up Baldy

View attachment 77051

Drove home sad the lift served season is over

View attachment 77052

Got up the next morning, threw tent, sleeping bags, pad, rods, coolers, a couple totes and the 7yo into the truck and took off with no plans for four days. My 17yo daughter graduated high school and was accepted into the U with a scholarship, her and Mom were attending an orientation on Monday and Tuesday so the 7yo was all mine. We ended up at Starvation state park again and stumbled upon friends that had secured the best campsite in the campground. Fished all weekend, buddy Dibs aka Skifishbum came out Saturday and brought his drifty. Everyone left Sunday and we were left with the catbird campsite as well as an insistence from Dibs that he leave his boat with me.

Fished two more days with the little guy and turned him into my fishing buddy.

View attachment 77058

View attachment 77064

View attachment 77059

View attachment 77060

View attachment 77061

View attachment 77062

View attachment 77063

View attachment 77065

View attachment 77066

Great pics..and FKNA....