• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Liners for JR boots (Lange SC) + twiglet ankles?

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier
Not shopping super seriously yet, just poking at the idea of replacing the stock liners at some point. I have super flat, tiny feet & comically small ankles, and have definitely started to feel a bit loose around the heel as the stock liner has packed down. I'm curious what people do for shorter cut boots - can you put a normal full sized liner in there? Are there any JR sized liners to stay away from, from a quality standpoint?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What size shell are we talkng about and what model SC?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is basically the same shell used in the adult women's boots, the RX 90 LV. I believe Boot Doc and Sipfit all offer liners in a 22/22.5 shells If the liners are that worn, there is a good chance the shell is also getting tired too. Consider going even lower volume with a Lange ZJ or even a Head Raptor 90.

TS
LuliTheYounger

LuliTheYounger

Skier
That is basically the same shell used in the adult women's boots, the RX 90 LV. I believe Boot Doc and Sipfit all offer liners in a 22/22.5 shells If the liners are that worn, there is a good chance the shell is also getting tired too. Consider going even lower volume with a Lange ZJ or even a Head Raptor 90.

Got it, thank you! Are there any liner models that are likely suspects for trying to fill in volume around the ankle? I'll definitely look around for used Raptors - I've tried them on before & liked them, but I think it'll be a while before I can argue for new boots without my mom and/or my wallet fainting, hahaha. I suspect the Lange's liners aren't really that packed out, since they're still fitting perfectly fine around the toe. I'm guessing they were already a little loose around the ankle when I bought them, and I'm mostly just noticing it more now that I'm skiing more & on some bigger terrain.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Got it, thank you! Are there any liner models that are likely suspects for trying to fill in volume around the ankle? I'll definitely look around for used Raptors - I've tried them on before & liked them, but I think it'll be a while before I can argue for new boots without my mom and/or my wallet fainting, hahaha. I suspect the Lange's liners aren't really that packed out, since they're still fitting perfectly fine around the toe. I'm guessing they were already a little loose around the ankle when I bought them, and I'm mostly just noticing it more now that I'm skiing more & on some bigger terrain.
Used boots? You have used boots....;) A good aftermarket will cost you as much as a new pair of boots...on sale. The heels can be worked on with some padding, I would go that way until you decide to get new boots.

TS
LuliTheYounger

LuliTheYounger

Skier
Used boots? You have used boots....;) A good aftermarket will cost you as much as a new pair of boots...on sale. The heels can be worked on with some padding, I would go that way until you decide to get new boots.

They're not that used, I swear! I've put max 20 days on them. @luliski is reading this across the table from me and quaking in her boots right now. :roflmao:

(I still like my chances as far as scamming some U12 kid's parents into selling me their barely touched Raptors for $10 and a prayer - I've found that wearing a 22 has some perks, hahahaha.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They're not that used, I swear! I've put max 20 days on them. @luliski is reading this across the table from me and quaking in her boots right now. :roflmao:

(I still like my chances as far as scamming some U12 kid's parents into selling me their barely touched Raptors for $10 and a prayer - I've found that wearing a 22 has some perks, hahahaha.)
Hmmm...buying used U12 boots is akin to buying a used taxi cab..or rental cal. What could go wrong..IMHO you won't even get your 10 out of them ;)

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What about the custom footbeds that we did not get with these boots? We got them at Olympic Boot Works in Olympic Valley, and the custom footbeds were what Buck said really make the fit. I have them in my boots and they seem to work for me.
@LuliTheYounger had been skiing in the same Nordica Jr. Racing boot for at least 5 years before we got these Langes, so I'm sure that at first they felt quite snug. She hadn't mentioned issues with them until the last couple of days when we skied in some heavy, sticky snow.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
She hadn't mentioned issues with them until the last couple of days when we skied in some heavy, sticky snow.
Skiing in heavy sticky snow has the potential create a lot of drama inside a ski boot

TS
LuliTheYounger

LuliTheYounger

Skier
Got Buck's Magic Heel-Loc Insoles in them today (after a little finagling) & that seemed to solve it! Finally managed to cruise around in some deep powder with a minimum of drama.

Sponsor

Staff online