• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Magwai

Novice skier, expert faller!!!
Skier
So I own a pair of Panterra 120s with the my fit tongue liners. I am mostly very happy with them but have been thinking of upgrading to the panterra 130s with ID wrap liners. I would be looking for increased stiffness as well as increasing ankle hold.

So the question is how much increased stiffness should I expect between the two models? Also if I got 120s with the wrap ID liners how much Stiller would they feel compared to the tongue liners?

I would appreciate any input and thank you!

TS
Magwai

Magwai

Skier
Anyone?

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
KR2 have different stiffness tongue and inserts in the back of a boot. Those two can make boot substantially stiffer.
I would try one of those first, but don't know if this replacement options available for Panterra

I replaced stock line in KR2 with intuition PW. Noticeably stiffer and better hold. PW pro should make boots even stiffer

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have no specifics for your boot.

I replaced the soft fuzzy liners in my Full Tilt Mary Janes with a "higher performance" Intuition liner. That really did increase the performance of the boots. The boots were more responsive, had a more progressive flex and fit better.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with your boots. Pure stiffness might not always be good for your skiing (from one skiing a very soft boot). A new liner might make your old boots just what you want. Or a new boot might be more reasonable. Maybe a quiver of boots to select the right boot for the day's snow/ski?

Eric

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Going to the wrap liner will not gain you any stiffness. I have had the last 3 generations of Panterra 120's I have both the tongue liner and the wrap. Truth be told, I think the tongue liner "feels" to me like it has a bit more volume or thickness to it and a bit stiffer. The wrap liner is a soft, warm, comfort feeling liner.

If you are looking for more stiffness then maybe read the various zipfit liner threads or check out something like the Intuition Power Wrap depending on shell fit or check out the 130.

TS
Magwai

Magwai

Skier
So I ended up in the 130 and actually dropped down one size. Much better fit all around. Need to heat the liners to fine turn them but out of the box is soon much nicer. And way lighter on me feet. Can't wait to get them on snow.