• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Line Opus 2014

Powderhound77

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I was up in Canada over Christmas and with such a great exchange rate I picked up pair of 178 Line Opus for an amazing price. Just wondering about preferred binding mount location and skis bought just for powder (50% in the trees) with most skiing cat/heli interior British Columbia. I have read two thoughts, right on the line then -2 cm.

All advice welcomed and many thanks.

TS
P

Powderhound77

Skier
I was up in Canada over Christmas and with such a great exchange rate I picked up pair of 178 Line Opus for an amazing price. Just wondering about preferred binding mount location and skis bought just for powder (50% in the trees) with most skiing cat/heli interior British Columbia. I have read two thoughts, right on the line then -2 cm.

All advice welcomed and many thanks.

I read over in epicski that -2cm is preferred so that is what I am going with, thanks.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did you think abbot putting on a Tyrolia Attack Demo or even a Griffon demo or Schizo then you can play with the mount point? Since @Andrew is off the grid, how about @tam?

babanff

Out on the slopes
Industry Insider
I'm on my second pair of Opuses (178 as well) and both have been mounted at recommended line. On the newer ones this is the "Eric's Choice" line. I love them mounted there... its fairly centered but for me it's the sweet spot. Keep in mind I'm only 5'4 130lb so if you're bigger your experience may vary.

TS
P

Powderhound77

Skier
Did you think abbot putting on a Tyrolia Attack Demo or even a Griffon demo or Schizo then you can play with the mount point? Since @Andrew is off the grid, how about @tam?

Thanks and good thought but I ski on AT boots so bindings have to be compatible and I am getting ready to mount up a pair of Marker Lord, so they will be in a fixed location once I do so.

TS
P

Powderhound77

Skier
I'm on my second pair of Opuses (178 as well) and both have been mounted at recommended line. On the newer ones this is the "Eric's Choice" line. I love them mounted there... its fairly centered but for me it's the sweet spot. Keep in mind I'm only 5'4 130lb so if you're bigger your experience may vary.

Thanks for the feedback on the mount location and "Eric's Choice" is where I will be mounting them.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January