• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lindsay Vonn Documentary

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
I appreciated in the film they showed the real time emotions and decisions. I can't imagine what she was going through, but appreciate her strength physical and mental. I could see in her interview after Cortina she was very close to pulling the plug, but of course didn't know the exact timing of said events when she made the decision. Amazing it was kept very quiet.

James

Out There
Instructor
Amazing it was kept very quiet.
Publicly true till she announced. But she didn’t decide till Garmisch. And then announced it pretty quickly after she decided it seems.

If you go back and look at comments here after Cortina, you’ll see @Muleski had it right. He described her being freaked out that her leg just didn’t work on that turn.
He also called that Hirscher just didn’t care about records and a very good chance he’d hang it up.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Publicly true till she announced. But she didn’t decide till Garmisch. And then announced it pretty quickly after she decided it seems.

If you go back and look at comments here after Cortina, you’ll see @Muleski had it right. He described her being freaked out that her leg just didn’t work on that turn.
He also called that Hirscher just didn’t care about records and a very good chance he’d hang it up.

I meant more of the anguish was kept quiet. I was reading Muleski throughout the season and he clearly has the in.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Great film! Good job TGR! I recommend everyone take some time to check it out.

James

Out There
Instructor
I meant more of the anguish was kept quiet. I was reading Muleski throughout the season and he clearly has the in.
Seems like her team kept a pretty good lid on it. I suppose we’d have to see what was said in the European press. I have no idea. Her speaking German certainly expands the interest and coverage there.

Interesting to see her speak German:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Ahh, can't see the film over here as of now. Hopefully HBO Nordic picks it up soon.
I recall it was worrying obvious that she had big troubles in Cortina. She could only turn one way.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
that free hbo preview came in handy to catch this. always been a fan of hers., watching this only made me a bigger fan! much love for Lindsay, one hell of a career!

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Just finished it, thought all y'all captured my thoughts on it pretty well. Definitely worth a watch. The crash scenes shown when discussing the real danger of downhill skiing were harrowing. I was a fan of hers already, this just made me respect and admire her even more.

Sponsor

Staff online