• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Liftopia's Top 10?

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The best in the West Coast is just as ridiculous"
1. Yosemite, CA
2. Alpine Meadows, CA
3. Anthony Lakes, OR
4. Revelstoke Mountain, BC
5. Homewood, CA
6. Kirkwood, CA
7. Kicking Horse, BC
8. Mission Ridge, WA
9. Alyeska, AK
10. 49 Degrees North, WA

Yosemite (AKA Badger Pass) is an 800 vert bump with 90 skiable acres! They placed it above Revelstoke, Kirkwood, and Alyeska! Squaw, Mammoth, Heavenly, Northstar???? Nowhere to be seen!

I also notice that no CO resorts made top 10 on any of these lists! Who voted on this stuff?

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
While I didn't vote for Badger Pass (can't remember whether I voted at all last year), the one day I spent there was nicer than any I've spent in Tahoe or the Pacific NW; in the better 50% compared to days in the Rockies. It's definitely the best ski area under 100 acres that I've been to ogsmile

I agree that this shouldn't be taken too seriously. But I think it's nice to see some of the smaller hills get some good publicity here. And Liftopia's at least upfront about trying to scale this for size. Zrankings choice last year to either ignore their own secret algorithm or pop in a "+500% if you're Whitewater" variable seems much shadier.

Sponsor

Staff online