• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lifting inside ski from the snow as a way to test balance

TS
J

JKinBC-NC

Booting up
Skier
Ok, back to the title of the thread: "Lifting the inside ski as a way to test balance." This might be a way to test balance, but in most skiing, there will be some weight on the inside ski. In a performance turn, there might be 5 or 10 percent, but rarely would there be no weight on the inside ski. So while the ability to lift the inside ski might indicate whether the pressure was being directed primarily at the outside ski, your body alignment will likely change somewhat when you lift the outside ski.

...If the skier is in balance, a very small increase in counter balance will occur as the skier lifts the inside ski off of the snow during a turn. If the skier is not in balance, either they will not be able to lift the inside ski, they will fall to the inside when lifting the inside foot, or they will have to make a gross movement elsewhere in the body to find balance on the outside ski.

Try this in front of a full-length mirror while standing barefoot with a space of 4 to 6 inches between your feet, with approximately 50/50 weight distribution: With arms hanging loosely at your side, slowly (or quickly) lift one foot. Observe how you only need a small shift of the body to stay balanced. While skiing, even if we have approximately 50/50 weight distribution at some point during a turn, we can lift the inside ski to test balance. Yes, that means a momentary change to 100/0, and yes, we will have to increase counterbalance ever so slightly to now be balanced over the outside ski. Just as we observed a very small adjustment during the static drill in front of the mirror, we should observe a small adjustment to maintain balance, preferably an increase in counterbalance, when we lift the inside foot during a turn while skiing. If the skier falls to the inside or must make a gross counterbalancing movement to maintain balance when lifting the ski, then the two-footed skiing that preceded the lift was not in balance.

There are a variety of drills that are focused on specific outcomes that have been mentioned above. Stork turns, also called outside ski turns, are a really useful tool for multiple objectives. They can be used to work on balancing on the outside ski, for fore/aft balance, for working on angulation as opposed to just inclination, and for tipping. To start, one might lift the inside ski after the edges have been changed. Unless you are a very high level skier, you will need a sliding fulcrum to provide additional turning force, so drag a pole or the tip of the lifted ski. For bringing fore/aft balance into the equation, lift the ski entirely off of the snow and try to keep the lifted ski parallel to the surface of the slope. If the tip is lower than the tail, you are likely on the front of the ski and vice versa. To work on tipping, raise the old outside ski/new inside ski prior to edge change and roll the new outside ski down the hill to change edges. Generally, this move will be easier and more accurate if you initiate the move by tipping the old outside ski that is in the air down the hill by moving the knee attached to it into the new turn.

The stork drill, as you have described it, is not the same as a mid-turn test of balance by lifting the inside ski.

For the stork drill, I agree that the skier should tip the lightened/lifted foot (old outside ski) to the little toe edge while the skier is still on the uphill edge (LTE) of the old inside ski; however, the focus should be on tipping the free foot, not on moving the knee. There is no need to employ a "sliding fulcrum" for extra turning force.

Javelin turns are a drill to work predominantly on rotational separation. The objective here is to cause the outside ski to steer under the lifted tip of the inside ski. So the pelvis needs to remain oriented to the valley at the apex of the turn when the inside ski is lifted -- the outside ski continues to turn under the inside ski (e.g. the outside leg turns under the pelvis) with the result being that you arrive to the finish of the turn in a countered position. So, the inside ski is lifted at or before the fall line and remains with the tip pointed toward the valley. The outside ski then continues to turn under the inside ski. The inside ski should ideally be in a position where the tip is lower than the tail.

One should not steer the outside ski during a javelin turn. The outside ski does turn, but it should not be steered. The javelin turn is a drill to, as indicated in the description of the video below, "teach outside ski balance, counterbalance, counter rotation [counteraction], and free foot management." The movement of the pelvis while counteracting and counterbalancing (these are movements, not static positions) are made relative to the lower body's movements and the dynamics of the turn. While it often coincides with the direction the pelvis is oriented, the valley is not to be considered a reliable point of reference

While the javelin turn, as demonstrated in this video, is an excellent drill, it is also not the same as a mid-turn test of balance by lifting the inside ski.

Last edited:
TS
J

JKinBC-NC

Booting up
Skier
We had 6 inches of fresh at 27 degrees F the other morning.

I tried to test my balance by lifting my inside foot.

Bamn! Did that fall hurt!

;-)
If you fell when lifting your inside foot in only 6 inches of powder, then you must not have been in balance. Of course in deeper snow, if the lifted ski doesn't clear the snow surface, this test of balance doesn't work so well. Thank you for almost pointing out the obvious. ;-)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
One should not steer the outside ski during a javelin turn. The outside ski does turn, but it should not be steered.
Why not? Wouldn't it just be a variation on the drill? In one case you're carving, and in the other you're providing steering input - perhaps for a different radius? (Pretty sure I've seen that suggested with the drill before.)

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Mike King said drag the tip of the lifted ski. Dragging your tip can cause a problem if it hooks up. At least it did for me. I keep mine off the snow.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Mike King said drag the tip of the lifted ski. Dragging your tip can cause a problem if it hooks up. At least it did for me. I keep mine off the snow.
My wife broke her tibial plateau doing the tip down drill in about 3" of cut up spring snow - during a lesson. No tips!

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Why not? Wouldn't it just be a variation on the drill? In one case you're carving, and in the other you're providing steering input - perhaps for a different radius? (Pretty sure I've seen that suggested with the drill before.)
I think as long as you know the difference and do either one intentionally it's all good.

TS
J

JKinBC-NC

Booting up
Skier
If by "steering input", you mean an active rotation or twisting of the leg, then no, steering input should not be used. While this sort of input can redirect the skis, it is inefficient and ingrains movement patterns that are extremely difficult to unlearn. There are much more effective ways to reduce the radius of edge-locked and brushed turns. How one changes the radius of a turn is a topic for a different thread.

Last edited:

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Try this in front of a full-length mirror while standing barefoot with a space of 4 to 6 inches between your feet, with approximately 50/50 weight distribution: With arms hanging loosely at your side, slowly (or quickly) lift one foot. Observe how you only need a small shift of the body to stay balanced. While skiing, even if we have approximately 50/50 weight distribution at some point during a turn, we can lift the inside ski to test balance. Yes, that means a momentary change to 100/0, and yes, we will have to increase counterbalance ever so slightly to now be balanced over the outside ski. Just as we observed a very small adjustment during the static drill in front of the mirror, we should observe a small adjustment to maintain balance, preferably an increase in counterbalance, when we lift the inside foot during a turn while skiing. If the skier falls to the inside or must make a gross counterbalancing movement to maintain balance when lifting the ski, then the two-footed skiing that preceded the lift was not in balance.

I don't think we have much of a disagreement here, but I will say that how much of an adjustment one needs to make to stand on one foot depends on pelvic stability. Some people have good pelvic stability, and others need to work on it. Pelvic stability can be significantly affected by injuries as well as imbalances in the muscles tying the upper and lower body together. I'd also say that lifting the inside ski is not so much a test of balance, but rather a test of whether you are predominantly balanced against the outside ski. If you aren't falling in the turn, you are, in some respect, likely in balance. You may not be balanced against the outside ski, and ideally in most situations we can achieve greater ski performance from skiing from outside ski to outside ski.

The stork drill, as you have described it, is not the same as a mid-turn test of balance by lifting the inside ski.

For the stork drill, I agree that the skier should tip the lightened/lifted foot (old outside ski) to the little toe edge while the skier is still on the uphill edge (LTE) of the old inside ski; however, the focus should be on tipping the free foot, not on moving the knee. There is no need to employ a "sliding fulcrum" for extra turning force.

The stork turn is a drill that can assist a variety of objectives, one of which is to balance on the center of the outside ski. If you do not have a sliding pivot to provide a force against which to turn the ski, then there are only a couple of ways to get the ski to turn. One is to use only the sidecut alone, which will result in an extremely long turn as there are very few skiers who will be willing to build sufficient edge angle with a completely lifted inside ski to achieve a turn that does not result in a huge acceleration. So, only try that on the gentlest green run. The other is to move the pressure point of the ski forward, a move that defeats the objective of orienting the center of mass over the base of support. It's simple physics.

@Josh Matta has repeatedly looked and asked for demos of someone performing an outside ski turn (stork turn) without a sliding pivot. I believe there may have been a single video found as it is an almost impossible maneuver to perform. Feel free to post a video demonstrating otherwise.

As to tipping the free foot versus the knee, it is clear you are a disciple of a certain school of skiing. Tipping the knee tips the free foot. You should try it.

One should not steer the outside ski during a javelin turn. The outside ski does turn, but it should not be steered. The javelin turn is a drill to, as indicated in the description of the video below, "teach outside ski balance, counterbalance, counter rotation [counteraction], and free foot management." The movement of the pelvis while counteracting and counterbalancing (these are movements, not static positions) are made relative to the lower body's movements and the dynamics of the turn. While it often coincides with the direction the pelvis is oriented, the valley is not to be considered a reliable point of reference

While the javelin turn, as demonstrated in this video, is an excellent drill, it is also not the same as a mid-turn test of balance by lifting the inside ski.

My description of these drills was not intended to be simply a test of balance; it was intended to provide some drills that could be used to actually work on specific issues in one's skiing that are related to the issue of balance on the outside ski.

As to the video of the javelin drill you presented, I do not find it to be either a good demonstration or one that is productive. The skier is displacing the inside ski above the outside ski by rotating the lower leg. There is very little counter balance or counter rotation achieved by the movements of the inside ski in that video, and I have no idea why rotating the lower leg in the manner shown would have a productive result.

I have nothing against the teaching system you seem to prefer, but would say that expert skiing is about versatility. There are many times when "steering" a ski may be a versatile and appropriate technique to accomplish an objective. There are other times when allowing the skis to turn under the body may be a desired outcome. But there's more than one way to ski -- and a true expert will be able to demonstrate them all.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
My wife broke her tibial plateau doing the tip down drill in about 3" of cut up spring snow - during a lesson. No tips!
There's a time and place for this drill. I'd say that one first needs to learn on relatively gentle well groomed terrain. I wouldn't attempt it with my students in powder or slush and I'd be very careful attempting it myself in those conditions.

If the drill is performed properly, there should be little, if any, chance of the tip hooking up as there will be virtually no pressure on the inside ski or the tip of that ski. Dragging the inside ski tip is simply a way to provide a fulcrum that the outside ski can rotate against.

Mike

SkierGolferNH

Putting on skis
Instructor
JK, lifting just the tail of the inside ski momentarily an inch or so off the snow, then bringing it back down, is a good test for exactly what you describe. When some people lift the whole ski they put themselves into the back seat. Lifting just the tail is a good way to maintain fore & aft balance.

Yes, lifting the tail of the ski is key. Lifting the entire ski requires sitting back. With kids we call them "thumper turns" where we tap the tail of the ski several times. It really gets the person to stand on their skis correctly and efficientlyl.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Lifting the entire ski requires sitting back.
I agree with your entire post except for this statement. It is not true -- but lifting the inside ski may require an adjustment in the flexion of the ankle, knee and hip to maintain a centered stance. An indicator of being in the center of the ski is that the lifted ski is parallel to the surface of the snow with a similar angle between the back and the tibia of the outside leg.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
We worked on these yesterday with my L3 instructor. I'm pretty competent doing them with the tips down but he corrected me by making me hold the ski parallel to the snow. It does move your COM back a bit but then you correct it by adjusting the dorsiflexion of your supporting ankle. It's a little harder to do but after 10 turns I found the right way and place to stand. By definition if you are doing the drill correctly, tip down or ski parallel you are balanced, not back. I found value in learning an alternative way of getting balanced on the outside ski.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We worked on these yesterday with my L3 instructor. I'm pretty competent doing them with the tips down but he corrected me by making me hold the ski parallel to the snow. It does move your COM back a bit but then you correct it by adjusting the dorsiflexion of your supporting ankle. It's a little harder to do but after 10 turns I found the right way and place to stand. By definition if you are doing the drill correctly, tip down or ski parallel you are balanced, not back. I found value in learning an alternative way of getting balanced on the outside ski.
Correct, and you can also be balanced if you lift the tip of the ski with the tail on the snow, as a lot of racers do in slalom.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
If you fell when lifting your inside foot in only 6 inches of powder, then you must not have been in balance. Of course in deeper snow, if the lifted ski doesn't clear the snow surface, this test of balance doesn't work so well. Thank you for almost pointing out the obvious. ;-)

Your powder and my powder are quite a bit different. ;-)

TS
J

JKinBC-NC

Booting up
Skier
I don't think we have much of a disagreement here, but I will say that how much of an adjustment one needs to make to stand on one foot depends on pelvic stability. Some people have good pelvic stability, and others need to work on it. Pelvic stability can be significantly affected by injuries as well as imbalances in the muscles tying the upper and lower body together. I'd also say that lifting the inside ski is not so much a test of balance, but rather a test of whether you are predominantly balanced against the outside ski. If you aren't falling in the turn, you are, in some respect, likely in balance. You may not be balanced against the outside ski, and ideally in most situations we can achieve greater ski performance from skiing from outside ski to outside ski.

Based on the above, it does not seem that you understand what we are looking for when testing for balance (regardless of weight distribution prior to the lift) by lifting the inside ski. When we do the test as I described, we are looking for how and how much other parts of the body move in order to maintain balance. By observing what and how much we adjust to maintain balance, we can understand how well balanced we were prior to lifting the ski.
Please re-read my earlier post:
Just as we observed a very small adjustment during the static drill in front of the mirror, we should observe a small adjustment to maintain balance, preferably an increase in counterbalance, when we lift the inside foot during a turn while skiing. If the skier falls to the inside or must make a gross counterbalancing movement to maintain balance when lifting the ski, then the two-footed skiing that preceded the lift was not in balance.

I would disagree with the premise that not falling is evidence of balance in a dynamic situation such as skiing. Not falling could either be due to stability or balance. If I walk across a balance beam using a long cane or crutch that reaches the floor to keep from falling over, and then claimed, in all seriousness, that I had demonstrated balance as I walked the length of the beam, even the 4 and 5 year old gymnastics students would laugh at me. Look at the difference between the two skiers pictured in the first post of this thread. The first skier is walking the balance beam while using a cane (the inside leg/ski) that reaches the floor for support, and the second skier is balanced without use of a crutch.

The stork turn is a drill that can assist a variety of objectives, one of which is to balance on the center of the outside ski. If you do not have a sliding pivot to provide a force against which to turn the ski, then there are only a couple of ways to get the ski to turn. One is to use only the sidecut alone, which will result in an extremely long turn as there are very few skiers who will be willing to build sufficient edge angle with a completely lifted inside ski to achieve a turn that does not result in a huge acceleration. So, only try that on the gentlest green run.

You have missed one of the ways to get a single ski to turn relatively quickly without a sliding pivot and without steering. Don't forget that we have both gravity and the interaction of our ski with the snow at our disposal. Where our mass is located along the length of the ski is important. Also, the sidecut of the ski is involved, but not in the way that it seems that you have described the use of the sidecut. Again, this is a topic for a different thread, and best understood by reading, studying, understanding, and practicing correctly the materials that you have said that you have nothing against.

The other is to move the pressure point of the ski forward, a move that defeats the objective of orienting the center of mass over the base of support. It's simple physics.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you referring to fore/aft centering of the COM over the BOS?

As to tipping the free foot versus the knee, it is clear you are a disciple of a certain school of skiing. Tipping the knee tips the free foot. You should try it.

I used to tip the knee out to tip the skis. This is so is much less efficient than tipping the foot. Tipping the foot versus tipping the knee are very different movements using different muscles. It's basic anatomy.

My description of these drills was not intended to be simply a test of balance; it was intended to provide some drills that could be used to actually work on specific issues in one's skiing that are related to the issue of balance on the outside ski.

We can drill something all day, but if it doesn't transfer to our skiing, why drill it. I think one ski drills are absolutely necessary, but I see one ski drills being done every day and then see the same skiers go back to skiing out of balance when they use both feet. That's why I suggest and use the test of balance that I described in the first post.

As to the video of the javelin drill you presented, I do not find it to be either a good demonstration or one that is productive. The skier is displacing the inside ski above the outside ski by rotating the lower leg. There is very little counter balance or counter rotation achieved by the movements of the inside ski in that video, and I have no idea why rotating the lower leg in the manner shown would have a productive result.

On first look, it might appear that skier is "rotating the lower leg" of the free (inside) leg to be move it over the outside ski; however, that's not what's happening. Please look more closely at the pelvis and the articulation of the acetabulofemoral joint of the stance (outside) leg throughout the turn.

I have nothing against ****, but would say that expert skiing is about versatility.

(the term **** above was moderated by me due so that I do not violate the TOS inadvertently via a quote)

There are many times when "steering" a ski may be a versatile and appropriate technique to accomplish an objective. There are other times when allowing the skis to turn under the body may be a desired outcome.

There is no need to teach "steering" a ski. We are doing skiers a disservice by teaching "steering". It was taught to me. If it had never been taught to me in the first place, then I wouldn't have had to spend time unlearning it. I am more than happy to spend time with others to liberate them from this "steering" nonsense, but it certainly would be nice if it had not been "taught" to them as a way to ski in the first place.

When is a time, in recreational skiing (not including lift lines/park/ballet/etc.), that the use of steering is necessary to accomplish an objective that could not have been accomplished without steering?

But there's more than one way to ski -- and a true expert will be able to demonstrate them all.

I have yet to meet anyone who claims this, who also shows an understanding of and can demonstrate the thing which you have said you have nothing against, and yet still continues to choose to demonstrate steering it is described by other instructors on this forum. Every skier I've met who has learned and can actually demonstrate the **** "thing" chooses not to continue to demonstrate other less efficient ways of skiing. Yes, there are all sorts of ways one could ski. A "true expert" knows to avoid using and practicing ineffective movements.

Last edited:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
....When is a time, in recreational skiing (not including lift lines/park/ballet/etc.), that the use of steering is necessary to accomplish an objective that could not have been accomplished without steering?....
Muscularly rotating the skis is needed to ski a direct line through natural bumps.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
....There is no need to teach "steering" a ski. We are doing skiers a disservice by teaching "steering"....
I have yet to meet anyone who claims this, who also shows an understanding of and can demonstrate the thing which you have said you have nothing against, and yet still continues to choose to demonstrate steering it is described by other instructors on this forum. Every skier I've met who has learned and can actually demonstrate the **** "thing" chooses not to continue to demonstrate other less efficient ways of skiing. Yes, there are all sorts of ways one could ski. A "true expert" knows to avoid using and practicing ineffective movements.

@JKinBC-NC, I am not a moderator. But as a regular member I want to say something moderator-like. I respect and continue to work in my own skiing with the content you are conveying, so you need to know that. I take that content very seriously.

It is clear to me that you know your stuff, and can talk about it in understandable language, so you have the potential to explain your approach well. But if you are here to "convert" the readers, I suggest you stop. If you are here to inform the readers of the way you ski and how it works, "inviting" them to consider your content as potentially relevant to their skiing, then please do that.

There's a big difference between conversion and invitation. Invitation gets more converts than aggressive insistence that your way is the only way to become a "true expert." Invitation requires that you respect your readers. Trying to convert people by insisting that anyone who doesn't ski your way cannot be a true expert is not that, and will cause your content to be ignored by the offended parties.

Civil discourse is the goal here. I'm sensing a healthy dose of disdain/contempt in your posts. This does your message a disservice, and causes food fights as you reveal your scorn for how others teach and ski. It will surely get you banned. Your content will suffer from your being banned because of "guilt by association."

Last edited:

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
I would disagree with the premise that not falling is evidence of balance in a dynamic situation such as skiing. Not falling could either be due to stability or balance. If I walk across a balance beam using a long cane or crutch that reaches the floor to keep from falling over, and then claimed, in all seriousness, that I had demonstrated balance as I walked the length of the beam, even the 4 and 5 year old gymnastics students would laugh at me. Look at the difference between the two skiers pictured in the first post of this thread. The first skier is walking the balance beam while using a cane (the inside leg/ski) that reaches the floor for support, and the second skier is balanced without use of a crutch.

No doubt that balancing on one leg is a higher level skill than balancing on two. Similarly, balancing on one ski with the boots unbuckled is a higher level skill than with them balanced. The question is why do we care? Do you really need to balance on one ski? And why? The answer is that the physics of skiing reward those who direct the pressure arising in the turn toward the outside ski. In hard snow skiing, the ideal pressure distribution between the skis in the initiation through mid-shaping phase of the turn will be nearly all of the pressure being on the outside ski because we want to bend the ski early in the turn and use the resulting force to redirect the center of mass across the hill. From the apex of the turn to the finish, pressure is being progressively transferred to the new outside ski so that when the edges are changed and enough edge angle has been built in the new turn to establish a platform that can accept it, we can balance against that platform on the new outside ski and bend the ski.

So, is the ability to dynamically balance on a single ski the key here? Only in part of the turn. There's also the need to progressively exchange pressure between the skis. And this requires dynamically balancing on both skis, while orienting the center of mass so that it will cross the path of the skis in a fashion that exchanges the forces from one turn to the other.

So, what's the purpose of outside ski drills? I've alluded to those in the description above. They are many and varied. But is skiing simply outside ski drills with the inside ski along for the ride? Nope. But we can take some of what is learned in the drill, be it tipping movements through edge change, body alignment to the outside ski, fore/aft balance, etc. and incorporate those learnings into the movements in a real ski turn.

You have missed one of the ways to get a single ski to turn relatively quickly without a sliding pivot and without steering. Don't forget that we have both gravity and the interaction of our ski with the snow at our disposal. Where our mass is located along the length of the ski is important. Also, the sidecut of the ski is involved, but not in the way that it seems that you have described the use of the sidecut. Again, this is a topic for a different thread, and best understood by reading, studying, understanding, and practicing correctly the materials that you have said that you have nothing against.

Don't keep us guessing -- what's this other way to turn that doesn't use either an external force to impart rotation or the ski design?
Could you elaborate on this? Are you referring to fore/aft centering of the COM over the BOS?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but moving the CoM forward on the ski causes the tail to displace in an arc wider than the tip. So one way to get a ski to turn with the other lifted is to move forward on the ski while placing it on edge -- it will turn inside the radius dictated by its sidecut.

I used to tip the knee out to tip the skis. This is so is much less efficient than tipping the foot. Tipping the foot versus tipping the knee are very different movements using different muscles. It's basic anatomy.

Sure, but the amount of tipping available from action of the subtalar joint is limited -- to obtain sufficient edge angle for even basic turns requires additional tipping. Ideally, the tipping starts in the subtalar joint, continues in the lower leg, and up the chain.

We can drill something all day, but if it doesn't transfer to our skiing, why drill it. I think one ski drills are absolutely necessary, but I see one ski drills being done every day and then see the same skiers go back to skiing out of balance when they use both feet. That's why I suggest and use the test of balance that I described in the first post.

Granted. And testing balance on the outside ski is a worthwhile exercise.
On first look, it might appear that skier is "rotating the lower leg" of the free (inside) leg to be move it over the outside ski; however, that's not what's happening. Please look more closely at the pelvis and the articulation of the acetabulofemoral joint of the stance (outside) leg throughout the turn.

I've watched the video numerous times at ¼ speed, and I see virtually no movement in the hip at all. What changes the orientation of the inside ski to the outside ski is the rotation of the inside lower leg.
There is no need to teach "steering" a ski. We are doing skiers a disservice by teaching "steering". It was taught to me. If it had never been taught to me in the first place, then I wouldn't have had to spend time unlearning it. I am more than happy to spend time with others to liberate them from this "steering" nonsense, but it certainly would be nice if it had not been "taught" to them as a way to ski in the first place.

When is a time, in recreational skiing (not including lift lines/park/ballet/etc.), that the use of steering is necessary to accomplish an objective that could not have been accomplished without steering?

Well, it is clear you just simply wish to argue and are a true adherent to your belief system. So, is this skier not an expert because he uses steering?

You do realize that there might be more folk open to exploring the concepts in your system if there wasn't so much dogma involved, right?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll put my moderator hat on now.... Please continue to keep this civil. I'm really enjoying this thread, and it will be closed if it devolves into arguing about "systems of teaching", versus discussing the merits or rationale of various movements or drills. Thank you. Mod hat off.

Sponsor

Staff online