• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Have you skied the v82 in 186? It’s on super sale also. I’m kind of in the market for a groomer zoomer due to the lack of snow in Tahoe currently. We are basically the same size 6’1 167

no, I wouldn't want that ski in a 186. that would be too long for me. this ski has very little rocker. it ski's it's length.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I know by the prices some of the skis are new/old stock and may be a version or so behind this year but the earlier VMTs are still really good skis. Unless you ski them back to back, you'll never know the difference!

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
What would be a V76 equivalent but slightly stiffer skis? I love my V76 in a lot of conditions here at Belleayre. But there are a few times I wish they are a little stiffer without being race-y. Maybe more damp is the right word?

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Head i.Rally, Stockli AX, Augment 77, Volkl Deacons; the Rossi Hero Elite Plus Ti, Blizzard Firebird HRC, Nordica Spitfire RB 76 or 80 are also stiffer, but perhaps a bit more "racy".

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Unfortunately they do not yet make a sub 80 mm Evolv; the narrowest is the new Evolv 84--which would be a great choice if a slightly wider ski is acceptable to GB_Ski, as would the Stockli AR, new i.Titan, K2 Disruption Ti 82, S-Force Bold 84, Kanjo, MX84, etc...

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Aren’t Evolvs softer? I demo Kanjo and MX84, I like them but too wide. I also demo Brahma 88, can’t find the 82 to demo.

I’m leaning towards Rally, and Rossi Hero Line right now.

tsk94

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Snagged the last pair of V76's.. excited to get them. Thx for the PSA!

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Waiting and hoping for the price to come down on the FX95's at Sierra. They don't seem to be moving at $599.00.

skiwv

Booting up
Skier
Pivots on the v92 mounted last weekend. These skis are great.

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_134137.jpg
    IMG_20200229_134137.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 6

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Hey Scotty, did you ever come to Copper and demo the Evolv vs VMT? If not, conditions right now might be pretty much what you are looking for for that comparison.

No I haven't. I got a pair of Head Monster 88's that I have been skiing in all kinds of conditions. I've got five pairs of skis and I've spent at least 85% of my days on the 88's. I love those skis.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up a pair of 165’s (great frontside length for me) even though I don’t need these skis. These are definitely last year’s, but that’s good...I wanted less metal. $199 was hard to resist and someone at my local hill wants to buy my Fischer Curvs, so....

I just need to figure out bindings. I want something more adjustable than a Pivot. Is the Attack13 with an 85mm brake too wide?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid