• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's Talk Glassware

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We went to Les Zygomates in Boston for our anniversary tonight. Excellent, excellent food. The wine was Orin Swift "Machette" which was new to me. Wow.

But they decanted it into this silly decanter. Amusing, but on the whole I'd prefer a nice Reidel glass and the bottle.

20170912_195720.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There's an app for that.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/riedel-wine-glass-guide/id492593188?mt=8
392x696bb.jpg

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Well, for beer it's usually the can or the bottle. I've come to accept Alchemist's dictum: drink from the can. Wine? I'd love to do real glasses but, other than the special set we use for special purposes, most of ours are reasonably elegant cheap things that get put in the dishwasher.

For whisky or whiskey, though, I have hand-blown seconds from Simon Pierce. Love those glasses: heavy, a little irregular, organic, like Japanese ceramic tea-ware— a cave man's whisky glass, if such a thing can be imagined.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Obviously we prefer actual glassware for our beverages, but when we use the hot tub, and occasionally for parties on the patio, we like decent non breakable
I recently got some Govino Whiskey glasses that I enjoy. IIRC @SBrown liked them as well.
Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 4.41.30 PM.png

They make really nice non-breakable wine glasses too.
govino-home-feature-desktop-d2c.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've come to accept Alchemist's dictum: drink from the can.

That makes one of us. For starters, beer is attractive; why not show it off? Of all people to blow off the visual! :duck:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, I don't mind glass. It's very pretty. On the other hand, I'm sick of dishes.

Meh. Again, glasses are cheap. Put them in the dishwasher. If you don't have a dishwasher ... well, God help you - you've got bigger priority problems than beer glasses. :huh:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
We have a nice dishwasher. I'm the dishwasher loader (and unloader). The less time spent loading and unloading, the better, IMO. :D

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is one of my favorite glasses... a Reidel tasting glass we got at a fancy schmancy tasting a few years ago. It has a stem and a large bowl for the well-known benefits, but it is short to minimize the tipping hazard.
20171003_221904.jpg

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
+1 on Reidel tasting glass (other brand, but same type) -- for beer as well as wine.

Sponsor

Staff online