• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm partial to Scotch these days and have been enjoying a Kirkland option that we found at Costco.
I know @Bobalooski has a palate for good whiskey and scotch, and @bbinder has a taste for bourbon, and @pais alto (dammit bob its hard to remember how to spell your pugski name)

Just realized that I called out three bobs on this thread, but I'm sure many more of you have something to say about your favorite brown beverage.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Okay, here's a question for those "in the know".
Notice the two pics posted above.
@Ron 's bottle says Whiskey and @Philpug 's says Whisky.
Is there a difference:huh:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another of my favorites is a little more $$ but really smooth.
Auchentoshen

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've only started exploring brown liqour in the past year or so, since our local stores have started having tastings. I've discovered that I am a rye drinker. I am not crazy about the thick mouth feel and sweetness you get in very "bourbony" bourbons, although a light touch of that can be OK once in awhile.

I don't like peat either -- though that isn't a surprise since I don't like the related taste of smoke. No smoked sausage or (yuck!) smoky cheese for me.

Not a fan of overproof, either -- the traditional 86 is just about perfect to drink straight.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I got a bottle of The Glenrothes for Christmas. It is technically Scotch, since it is made in Scotland, but it has essentially zero scotch character to it. Pretty good whisky, though.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm finding there are Ryes and there are Ryes. High West our local distiller has a scotch rye blend called Campfire that' many of us feel is their best offering. Problem is it disappears more quickly than the stuff I like less.

When you guys were here I wasn't really drinking but now with warm temps and relationship issues I appreciate this valuable thread. Keep 'me coming.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm finding there are Ryes and there are Ryes. High West our local distiller has a scotch rye blend called Campfire that' many of us feel is their best offering. Problem is it disappears more quickly than the stuff I like less.

When you guys were here I wasn't really drinking but now with warm temps and relationship issues I appreciate this valuable thread. Keep 'me coming.
We enjoyed the Auchentoshen while we were there.
I'm not usually a rye fan, but I've had that Rye from High West and really enjoyed it.

Sponsor