• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes! Between retirement and the world as we knew it ending, I've decided to become a rye and bourbon unofficial amateur reviewer! My first rule is: never judge a single bottle - it takes at least three to properly evaluate.

I'm on the second bottle of Buffalo Trace. So far, so good...

As for retirement, well the best I have is that it's time to retire to bed!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm on the second bottle of Buffalo Trace. So far, so good...

As for retirement, well the best I have is that it's time to retire to bed!
Eagle Rare is the Buffalo Trace distillery’s better offering and is more than worth the minimal price premium, IMO.

I just picked up a bottle of Stranahan’s Blue Peak The flavor is more like a highland scotch than a Colorado whiskey. 46B445F1-7C19-4029-AC14-D9920A198975.jpeg

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eagle Rare is the Buffalo Trace distillery’s better offering and is more than worth the minimal price premium, IMO.

Buffalo Trace is one of my go to sippers. Eagle Rare is hard to find in Arizona. Road Trip! Problem solved:

w-143643513.jpg

A tour, a tasting and a couple of bottles of Eagle Rare along with one of these:

w-195918627.jpg

Excuse the lowly plastic cups... My Pugski Govino Rocks glasses are on order for keeping in the camper.

No Pappy at the tasting or in the gift shop however.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Buffalo Trace is one of my go to sippers. Eagle Rare is hard to find in Arizona. Road Trip! Problem solved:

View attachment 112509

A tour, a tasting and a couple of bottles of Eagle Rare along with one of these:

View attachment 112510

Excuse the lowly plastic cups... My Pugski Govino Rocks glasses are on order for keeping in the camper.

No Pappy at the tasting or in the gift shop however.
Eagle rare should be called Eagle Common around here. Almost every liquor store has it usually under $40. Blanton’s OTOH is not too common and is usually over $100.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Eagle rare should be called Eagle Common around here. Almost every liquor store has it usually under $40. Blanton’s OTOH is not too common and is usually over $100.
There's no way I'd pay anything close to $100 for Blanton's. I have one in my cabinet for guests who have heard of it and are curious, but don't drink it myself. I prefer stuff that is more potent.

Sponsor

Staff online