• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
JW Black is to Knob Creek as Twinnings Lapsang Sousong is to Earl Grey

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Picture of the backsplash area behind cash register at my favorite watering hole ... here’s to the beginning of day drinking in the summer, the best kind of drinking there is

959F4DB7-45A9-4BE6-9480-55C062EE9BA8.jpeg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20180603_063003_HDR_resized.jpg

I saw this at the liquor store the other day , and figured I would get it ahead of the impending trade war. Never had it , but how bad can it be? Made with the snowmelt
from the mountain. And essence of ski wax from your skis?:doh:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 47032

I saw this at the liquor store the other day , and figured I would get it ahead of the impending trade war. Never had it , but how bad can it be? Made with the snowmelt
from the mountain. And essence of ski wax from your skis?:doh:
I've enjoyed that bourbon a few times. :rocks:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has anyone here smoked a cocktail?
I had never thought about it, and it really doesn't seem like something I want to do, but now I'm curious about it after seeing a father's day ad featuring a Crafthouse by Fortessa Cocktail Smoking Box.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Anyone had this rye offering from High West (Yippee-Ki-Yay)? I saw it at my go-to supplier and picked up a couple bottles, but due to circumstances beyond my control, have yet to sample it.

7C017177-12E0-4825-8A5D-D9DA9FC41E52.jpeg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
but due to circumstances beyond my control, have yet to sample it.
I can't imagine anything in your life being that "beyond your control" ;)

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I can't imagine anything in your life being that "beyond your control" ;)
I put a big dent in some Whistle Pig cask finished with a buddy on Saturday night and forgot I had it. Then I left town and am separated from it for a few days. Obviously the work travel is beyond my control. Since you know me, you’ll readily agree that the Whistle Pig thing is similarly beyond my control.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20180608_183829_HDR_resized.jpg

Glynnevan, Rye from Nova Scotia..

Never had it, something new at the store. But its whisky, its brown, how bad can it be?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Belmont Stakes ... Justify??? moments away

Four Roses being a bit sweet does well here:

julip.jpeg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We are headed to Talisker as well next month. Looking forward to some duty free shopping upon our re-entry into the US :)

I'm sure you will be having a great time. Some people will tell you that Skye is the most beautiful part of Scotland. You may also find that it is cheaper at a store in Scotland than at the duty-free

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm sure you will be having a great time. Some people will tell you that Skye is the most beautiful part of Scotland. You may also find that it is cheaper at a store in Scotland than at the duty-free

I'm excited. We'll be in Glencoe for 3 nights, 3 nights in Skye and then 3 in Edinburgh. I will definitely check out the stores as well for my scotch stash.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I once heard someone order Bourbon and Coke and I just cringed. I hope they enjoyed it.
I've heard people order Jack and Coke, and one time I heard someone order Jack and Dew.(Yuck)

Neither of those appeal to me, but I do enjoy a whiskey Ginger from time to time in the summer.

Sponsor

Staff online