• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What a delight. He didn't have the typical bounce of the era. He just made it happen with lots of speed and momentum. Only in a few shots was he using body rotation to make things happen. Impressive. Delightful. Beautiful.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
What a delight. He didn't have the typical bounce of the era. He just made it happen with lots of speed and momentum. Only in a few shots was he using body rotation to make things happen. Impressive. Delightful. Beautiful.
Imagine him on modern equipment. The float of the skis he is on can not be that much compared to what is available today. I tried to see if I could ID the skis he is using but did not have any luck. The only one I can maybe guess at would be the Head Deep Powder if that is from the 50's - 60's.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Imagine him on modern equipment. The float of the skis he is on can not be that much compared to what is available today. I tried to see if I could ID the skis he is using but did not have any luck. The only one I can maybe guess at would be the Head Deep Powder if that is from the 50's - 60's.

It wouldn't have been unusual for someone to use DHs for powder if they didn't have powder specific ski, would it? Plus GS skis were 215 for some guys. I will credit Alf more than his skis for his powder supremacy. He was not going slow in any of those clips. :)

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I notice he used his "muscle" to get up some speed.

You know, Wide open, fast and DEEP is how I like to ski powder too.

Floating with quick turns just doesn't do it for me.

I hear "the foods you were brought up on are the ones you like"

goes for skiing.

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
This was before Chubbs were CHEATER skis!

Fiends don't let friend ride fats!"

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Imagine how good he'd have been if Shane had gone him on some Spatulas ;)

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Imagine how good he'd have been if Shane had gone him on some Spatulas ;)

How could that video be improved by introducing alternate equipment?

I can not think of a way. ;-)

Sponsor