• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Suzski

Putting on skis
Skier
Greetings all. I'll be heading to Whitefish MT in early January. I've never been before and am wondering about the ski school. I think it would be a great early(ish) season opportunity to get some bump instruction. Any recommendations?

Thanx in advance. Cheers.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I think Link.. I'll have to look at his name. Back shortly. Starts with an N... Neimark.

I haven't used him personally, but I see him with classes in the mogul area. In addition, I'll ask around.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
By the way, I haven't ever seen any specialized bump classes. And we're not really known for our bumps. There's really only three trails that would be considered "bump trails" (Mulley's Moguls, Black Bear, Marmot) Yes some develop them (Kodiak), but they get ironed out occasionally. Frankly, if that's your thing, this place is not your best best. Most of our bumps are in the trees. Not your ideal learning environment.

I'm also lesson averse. So not a good source for instructor info. And few of my friends take classes regularly. It would be like asking me about lodging. I live here, so don't need lodging. Jilly only tagged me because I live here.

(I don't me to imply that I don't instruction. It's just not a priority with me and I'm a difficult pupil.)

Zentune

Getting on the lift
Instructor
Look up CJ Johnston, he’s a terrific skier and instructor (level 3, dcl) and can help you with any thing you may wish to work on :)

zenny

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
There's a Jay Johnston. @Fuller has used him. Is that your guy?

Jay Johnston
010818Johnston%20J.jpg
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN

Disciplines: Alpine

Year Started Skiing: 1961

Year Started Instructing: 1979

Certifications: PSIA Level III

Year Started at Whitefish Mountain Resort: 2014

Favorite Run: Good Medicine & East Rim Face

Favorite Conditions: Sun on my face, Trackable snow under my base

Off-Snow Hobbies and Fun Facts: Fly Fishing, Hiking, & Boating with my wife

Favorite Quote: \"Treat others today as you wish for them to treat you tomorrow.\"

Zentune

Getting on the lift
Instructor
Nope :)

zenny

Zentune

Getting on the lift
Instructor
CJ is around 30 yrs old, tall, I believe Jay is his dad but don’t quote me on that

zenny

Zentune

Getting on the lift
Instructor
Yup, that’s CJ. Great guy!

zenny

Sponsor

Staff online