• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LEGO Friends Snow Resort Ski Lift - holiday gift idea

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
If I had a young daughter I would be all over this as Christmas or birthday gift.

lego ski 2.jpg

Lego ski.jpg

https://www.toysrus.com/product?pro...2aLqtSlhNKCQeaRtAY6mfA0oSLuAlFyUaAptPEALw_wcB

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ah, kids today have it too easy! (grinch, grinch) ;) ...when I was a 7 year old, I constructed a ~1/25th scale ski area diarama of boxes and sheets of poster paper complete with chair lift, skiers, ski patrol and snowmobiles. Imagine how my parents and grandparents felt when I spent about a day playng with their expensive holiday gifts only to spend the remainder of the week asking for bigger boxes and more poster paper to expand my ski area! And this was before I'd ever been to a ski area!
I am sure that has a lot to do with why, when I pointed to the metal edged wooded skis/bear claw cable bindings and bamboo poles in center city John Wanamakers sporting goods department, mom bought them for me.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can I be 12 again??? Santa!!!??
If you ask an ex of mine, the one with a long alphabet after her name which includes a player hater degree, she'll tell you I still am a 12year old! Ask the one with a money degree in the same field and she will tell you she never tells any of her friends her diagnosis of them ... I think I know what to suggest she get me for the holoday, Thx @Dave Petersen!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, kids today have it too easy! (grinch, grinch) ;) ...when I was a 7 year old, I constructed a ~1/25th scale ski area diarama of boxes and sheets of poster paper complete with chair lift, skiers, ski patrol and snowmobiles. Imagine how my parents and grandparents felt when I spent about a day playng with their expensive holiday gifts only to spend the remainder of the week asking for bigger boxes and more poster paper to expand my ski area! And this was before I'd ever been to a ski area!
I am sure that has a lot to do with why, when I pointed to the metal edged wooded skis/bear claw cable bindings and bamboo poles in center city John Wanamakers sporting goods department, mom bought them for me.

I wish you had a photo!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve posted this before - a Lego snowcat. I bought this when my son was still in grade school and he put it together for me.
082C720C-54CE-4312-B500-EC1380635C66.jpeg

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier

My daughters have a few of the smaller sets in that winter theme. It's unfortunate that legos became seen as a toy for boys, so I'm happy that they introduced the 'friends' line that appeals to girls. Expensive, but generally less expensive than the Star Wars sets my son wants. Don't they realize we need to save money for skiing?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My daughters have a few of the smaller sets in that winter theme. It's unfortunate that legos became seen as a toy for boys, so I'm happy that they introduced the 'friends' line that appeals to girls. Expensive, but generally less expensive than the Star Wars sets my son wants. Don't they realize we need to save money for skiing?

My son is a college freshman, but when he was in grade school he had a lot of the big Star Wars LEGO sets among others. I have plenty of big plastic containers I carefully packed them away in.

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
My son is a college freshman, but when he was in grade school he had a lot of the big Star Wars LEGO sets among others. I have plenty of big plastic containers I carefully packed them away in.

Thinking ahead to grandkids or resale value? ;)

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My son still wants to keep them - I’m just keeping them in good shape for him.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have about five bushels of Lego in the basement. Too expensive to throw away, minimal resale value, and too bulky to ship.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My 10 y.o. daughter is a Lego NUT. Except, the girlie Lego stuff is not her favorite, because she's just not into girlie stuff in general. That being said, she might dig that set anyway. It'll have to be a bday gift, though. Christmas is all done! Thanks for sharing that, @Dave Petersen!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My 10 y.o. daughter is a Lego NUT. Except, the girlie Lego stuff is not her favorite, because she's just not into girlie stuff in general. That being said, she might dig that set anyway. It'll have to be a bday gift, though. Christmas is all done! Thanks for sharing that, @Dave Petersen!
...I assume that would be if you dont buy the ultra gas chromatograph mass spectrometer at the top of her bithday gift list? :ogcool:
For those new to the site, @AmyPJ's 10year old demonstrating her aversion to girlie stuff -
;)

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK, what is with the fish?

Sponsor

Staff online