• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Meet the Kraken

Kraken.jpg

He's a long way from home...

"The kraken (/ˈkrɑːkən/)[1] is a legendary cephalopod-like sea monster of gigantic size in Scandinavian folklore. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors."

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Damn... Hurricanes game today and Saturday blacked out SMFH..

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Pens played the Flyers an exhibition game the other night. Pens lost in OT but they looked like the team that faltered after the all-star break instead of the team that played so well when dealing with multiple players lost to injuries prior to the break. Dumb turnovers, defensemen caught up ice and a lousy powerplay. Sullivan maybe should sit down some stars and tell the team they are out with injury. :huh:

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Pens played the Flyers an exhibition game the other night. Pens lost in OT but they looked like the team that faltered after the all-star break instead of the team that played so well when dealing with multiple players lost to injuries prior to the break. Dumb turnovers, defensemen caught up ice and a lousy powerplay. Sullivan maybe should sit down some stars and tell the team they are out with injury. :huh:

I didn’t think they looked terrible but they have some work ahead of them, that’s for sure!! The guentzel pass for the sheary goal was the high point on offense. Malkin with the no look pass into the slot for the 2nd goal was an absolute rookie move..

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Bound to be some rust. I watched Cody Ceci make a bunch of abysmal passes and not kidding I could have done a better job. Ugly.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
2-0 playing with only 4 men way too much. If we can beat the Rangers with 4, prospects for playing with 5 on the ice are very good :cool:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I just saw that the 'Canes won today. crg gotta be feeling good now. Pens are the third game to be played today on the same ice. It's going to interesting to see how the ice holds up and who will benefit from it. I'm lowering my expectations for the Pens. They are favored to win and win handily and that has me worried that the overconfident, impatient, superstar who tries to win singlehanded Pens are going to show up in this series. I've seen this very talented team falter too often to be as confident about victory as the Pittsburgh sports media appears to be. That's the big question for me. Which Pens team will show up tonight.

James

Out There
Instructor
Some good fake crowd noise? Only saw the last five minutes of Canes/Rangers.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Pens v Habs Saturday... I win either way!
Same for me with the Canes and Rangers. I can be happy with Islanders doing well too. Any place I've lived a long time I will always be pulling for in come capacity. Dallas didn't make it did they? They haven't been good since I left there in 1999. They get double points because North Stars too..

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I might be out for good after that 'opening ceremony' crap. All pro sports are now fully indoctrinated and work for the government. It's embarrassing. If that continues the stands will indeed stay as empty as they are now.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I might be out for good after that 'opening ceremony' crap. All pro sports are now fully indoctrinated and work for the government. It's embarrassing. If that continues the stands will indeed stay as empty as they are now.
Guess you don't remember every Olympics since the 1930s?

Sponsor

Staff online